Self Conscious About A Mole

Watch
BlueCat123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi , I'm just 13 and have been self conscious about a mole on my chest for a couple years now. So much that i avoid wearing and buying clothes with low neck lines even though there's so many tops and dresses I want to buy. I have a few moles but this is the only one i'm self conscious about , it's located on my chest , abit underneath my collar bone. I feel so self conscious wearing bikinis , some dresses , and tops with low necklines. I'm only 13 so all I'm looking for is advice to help me stop being so self conscious before it all escalates. Not many people at all know about this mole and I just want to feel confident in my own skin.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Speak to your GP about it if it's causing you anxiety, whether or not there is any health issue with the mole directly.

Also realise realistically, almost no one cares about that kind of stuff, and the few people that might are just very immature and not really worth knowing anyway.
BlueCat123
Rep:
?
thanks that helped , I'm currently looking to buy a low neckline top that I WILL go out in and I WILL wear it with confidence.
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by BlueCat123)
thanks that helped , I'm currently looking to buy a low neckline top that I WILL go out in and I WILL wear it with confidence.
That's a great attitude to have. I almost had a mole removed when I was about 15 because I was conscious of it, but the doctor thought it would leave a scar, so I left it, and over the years, it hasn't bothered me much. You will become less self-conscious over time - believe me!
BlueCat123
Rep:
?
Thankyou! I feel so much better about it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.18%
Uncertainty around my education (295)
14.98%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (172)
8.74%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.5%

Watched Threads