izzys1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hiya,
I'm currently in year 13 and just got the result of an A* in my EPQ. Feel free to ask any questions if you're looking for help!
Livvy bailey
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey! yes I am just starting my EPQ I am interested in topics to do with crime/psychology, as I am looking to do criminology and criminal justice at uni. I am struggling to come up with questions/starting points - any help would be much appreciated!
Swansea University Colleges
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Livvy bailey)
Hey! yes I am just starting my EPQ I am interested in topics to do with crime/psychology, as I am looking to do criminology and criminal justice at uni. I am struggling to come up with questions/starting points - any help would be much appreciated!
Hey,

I hope you are keeping safe and well. Thought I'd just drop a reference to our upcoming Law and Criminology Showcase on 21 and 22 April here, as it may help with broadening your understanding of criminology and also spark some ideas for your EPQ.

Here's a link : https://www.swansea.ac.uk/law/showcase-registration/

A taster of live sessions include:

• Cybercrime and Its Hidden Victims
This session will draw on notions of victimisation, particularly victims of a cyber-related crime. In the context of lockdown (Covid 19), society has become more reliant on different online platforms. With this increase in the use of technology, so has victimisation increased. However, research has shown that such victimisation is not always reported; thus, the victims remain hidden. In this session, we will consider some of the reasons why these types of crime remain underreported.

• When is ‘ethical hacking’ legal and ethical?
In this interactive session, you will be introduced to some key legal and ethical debates around the topic of ethical hacking. You'll find out a bit about this fascinating area of criminal law and how different shades of hackers - known as Black, White and Black 'Hats', may or not cross legal and ethical lines.

• How do we explain Criminal Behaviour? Biological, Psychological and Sociological theories
Delivered by current PhD students Joe Janes and Jordan Dawson, this session will provide a taster of studying criminology at Swansea.
In this session we will outline some of the key theories we discuss in Criminology, taking an analytical view of Biological, Psychological and Sociological theories. We will ask students to apply these theories to real world examples of crime.

You will also gain access to a host of pre-recorded materials

More than happy to answer any specific questions you may have on email too - [email protected]

Take care, and best of luck with your studies,

Jess Hammett
Swansea University
Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law
Last edited by Swansea University Colleges; 2 months ago
kscgemini
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by izzys1)
Hiya,
I'm currently in year 13 and just got the result of an A* in my EPQ. Feel free to ask any questions if you're looking for help!
I really want to base my EPQ around creative writing, any suggestions? It’s definitely my strongest point but to be honest I’m not entirely sure about how the EPQ works yet. Any advice/tips?
caeciliusinhortz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by izzys1)
Hiya,
Yes please, PMed you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
38.17%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.45%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (45)
24.19%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.06%

Watched Threads