izzys1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
What did everyone do to prepare for uni? Is there anything I should be doing while I'm still at sixth form or is it best to wait for results day? Thanks!
mike23mike
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by izzys1)
What did everyone do to prepare for uni? Is there anything I should be doing while I'm still at sixth form or is it best to wait for results day? Thanks!
Yes there is a lot you can do to prepare for uni. Publishers have produced some really useful online guides to help year 12 students transition to uni life. Click HERE to access the material from Pearson - Transitioning to HE, How to learn online & Wellbeing.

Access to this free material is available until August so I would work through this material over the summer after you have completed the work for your A levels.

So many students struggle with the transition from a year 12 of perhaps 300 to a uni with 20,000. The lecturers will be teaching undergrads in classes of 300+ so they simply do not have the bandwidth to get to know students well or even to identify the students that are falling behind. Anything you can do to get set for the move to Higher Education will help.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What to take to Uni - buy stuff in the sales when everything reopens .........
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...sity-checklist
izzys1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mike23mike)
Yes there is a lot you can do to prepare for uni. Publishers have produced some really useful online guides to help year 12 students transition to uni life. Click HERE to access the material from Pearson - Transitioning to HE, How to learn online & Wellbeing.

Access to this free material is available until August so I would work through this material over the summer after you have completed the work for your A levels.

So many students struggle with the transition from a year 12 of perhaps 300 to a uni with 20,000. The lecturers will be teaching undergrads in classes of 300+ so they simply do not have the bandwidth to get to know students well or even to identify the students that are falling behind. Anything you can do to get set for the move to Higher Education will help.
Thank you!
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
There is also some useful 'skills' stuff on the UCAS site : https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/s...-skills-guides
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (75)
4.74%
Uncertainty around my education (242)
15.31%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (172)
10.88%
Lack of purpose or motivation (223)
14.1%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (71)
4.49%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (92)
5.82%
Loneliness (139)
8.79%
Financial worries (56)
3.54%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (71)
4.49%
Exposure to negative news/social media (76)
4.81%
Lack of real life entertainment (82)
5.19%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (137)
8.67%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (145)
9.17%

Watched Threads