MPhil POLIS Cambridge vs. MSc Comparative Politics at LSE

Watch
Charlie T.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all,
I have received offers from two of my top choices: MPhil in Politics and International Studies at Cambridge and MSc in Comparative Politics at LSE. I am wondering if anyone who has attended any of these programs could share their experiences to help me determine which program suits me better.

To give you some background, I am hoping to gain stronger research skills and knowledge about methods in political science from this degree. My research interest is in political violence and armed conflicts. After graduation, I plan to work either in a think tank or political risk/public affairs consultancy firm.

From my initial assessment, Cambridge appeals to me a bit more because of its tutorial system and unique program structure that combines both taught and research elements into the program. However, LSE also seems to offer a greater variety of courses, and they're all very interesting. It would be great if somebody could share their experiences with these programs in terms of academic rigor, program structure/size, social life, career opportunities, etc.

Thank you very much in advance!
edrty
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 minutes ago
Hey,
I also received offers from Cambridge and LSE for an MPhil in Politics and International Studies and MSc in Comparative Politics, respectively. In addition, I also received an offer from Oxford for their MSc in Modern South Asian Studies. I am pretty much in the same boat as you with trying to figure out which programme suits me best. I am also leaning more towards Cambridge, for the moment.
Although, I probably won't be of much help, I would love to talk about the courses and your thoughts on them!
Feel free to hit me up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
19.05%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.29%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.76%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.84%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.08%
Taster lectures or seminars (76)
21.29%
Speak to current students studying my course (81)
22.69%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (16)
4.48%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.64%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.24%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.68%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
1.96%

Watched Threads