will attending summer school help ur application?

Watch
AsKim
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
as the title
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
YES. A couple of examples of topics you did at the Summer school and a mention of how it helped your confidence, and your determination to go to University - exactly what a Uni is looking for. And it will really help your subject knowledge for Year 13. All in all - a good thing to do.
AsKim
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by McGinger)
YES. A couple of examples of topics you did at the Summer school and a mention of how it helped your confidence, and your determination to go to University - exactly what a Uni is looking for. And it will really help your subject knowledge for Year 13. All in all - a good thing to do.
ah okay thanks, but is it only for year 12? I am year 14, a private student finished college last year
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AsKim)
ah okay thanks, but is it only for year 12? I am year 14, a private student finished college last year
Most free Summer Schools are widening participation initiatives to encourage those from non-traditional backgrounds, or low-participation neighbourhoods, to go to Uni - and are aimed at school-leavers. You may qualify but you still need to check that 'college leavers aged 19/20' are able to apply. The 'cost £200+' ones probably wont care but you still need to check.
daan.m
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You really don't need to go to a paid-for summer school — unless maybe if you're considering an international application? (I'm not sure).

If you are applying to UK universities, I wouldn't recommend paying for one. It will help your application, but so will many other things.

However if you're from a widening participation background, and it's a free summer school offered to you then YES — do it!
Last edited by daan.m; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (73)
4.74%
Uncertainty around my education (237)
15.39%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (167)
10.84%
Lack of purpose or motivation (218)
14.16%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (68)
4.42%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (90)
5.84%
Loneliness (137)
8.9%
Financial worries (52)
3.38%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (68)
4.42%
Exposure to negative news/social media (74)
4.81%
Lack of real life entertainment (80)
5.19%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (133)
8.64%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (143)
9.29%

Watched Threads