The Student Room Group

Does anyone else feel like they've lost their drive?

When I was younger, I was so ambitious. I wanted to be the best you know.. Go to the best university, attain straight A*s for my A levels, become rich & successful. Now, in Y13, having been rejected by both UCL & Cambridge, my motivation and self-drive have fallen significantly. I can't even be arsed to study for my finals next week, which are really important as they'll basically be my final A Level grades given that real exams have been cancelled. All I want to do is get drunk, or high, and have fun with friends. I know that I shouldn't have this mindset as I still have an offer from a decent uni (Warwick for BSc Econ), yet I feel like a failure.
Does anyone relate? How do I snap myself out of this mentality?
Sometimes, you merely need to hear some inspirational quotes to help motivate you. Here is one that I have written.

In order for life to change, one must make certain changes, so ask yourself, what must you change?
Original post by Anonymous
When I was younger, I was so ambitious. I wanted to be the best you know.. Go to the best university, attain straight A*s for my A levels, become rich & successful. Now, in Y13, having been rejected by both UCL & Cambridge, my motivation and self-drive have fallen significantly. I can't even be arsed to study for my finals next week, which are really important as they'll basically be my final A Level grades given that real exams have been cancelled. All I want to do is get drunk, or high, and have fun with friends. I know that I shouldn't have this mindset as I still have an offer from a decent uni (Warwick for BSc Econ), yet I feel like a failure.
Does anyone relate? How do I snap myself out of this mentality?

Hey there,
I've just read your post and it's okay to feel like this. Please, don't worry some times things don't go the way you've originally might have imagined but please don't put yourself down. I'm feeling exactly the same, I've struggled to have motivation to do my work i'm currently in year 11 and i'm pretty much scared because of my mocks. The only thing that's getting me through this tough time is the outcome of being able to say my hardwork paid off. Just think postive and you'll get there. My tips to cheer yourself up is to go out with friends, bake, face time friends and family and watch a netflix film. It's okay to feel like this everyone has their down days. Enjoy yourself that's probably something you've been lacking recently. Feel free to pm me if you have any question or just need that extra support.

Quick Reply

Latest