0%
Bristol (4)
100%
sasharose03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I currently hold offers for BA History at Exeter, Manchester and Liverpool, having been rejected from Durham and Oxford. I thought I would firm Exeter and insure Manchester but having done more research on both and having visited Exeter, my gut is just not saying yes to either. I don't really want to do a gap year: I see the benefits and will probably take one if it means I end up at the uni I want but would like to go to university this year if I can.

I am considering declining all my offers and going through UCAS Extra to apply to Bristol, as I know there are places available on Extra for my course. I am worried about being rejected from Bristol and then having nowhere to go but I also feel like I just don't really want to go to any of my offers. If I wait until UCAS Adjustment opens, my predicted grades mean I am on track to be eligible for this so could apply then and not jeopardise my offers but a) the places currently on Extra might be filled and b) it would be very last-minute in terms of rush decisions and accommodation and the like. I also have a couple of close friends going to Bristol, one for my course and while I have done the research on Bristol and like it for many reasons (and would like it even if my friends weren't going) I am worried about the subconscious influence them going to Bristol has had on me.

Bristol

Pros
- bigger city with more to do and more character, but not too big that it is sprawling: perfect size
- great study abroad options: semester abroad instead of year abroad which I currently feel is better for me
- closer to home

Cons of Bristol
- course slightly more focused on written exams than assessments but this would depend on modules
- might not get in through Extra

Exeter
- campus uni so everything is close BUT I would prefer to be in the city rather than on a self-contained campus
- more flexible study/work abroad options BUT whole year abroad which I don't currently prefer
- smaller city: feel as if there is not as much to do (I am not a particularly partyish person but the city still felt small and boring from what I saw of it)
Levi-Jai
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
depends on how far away from home you wanna be x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (75)
4.76%
Uncertainty around my education (240)
15.24%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (171)
10.86%
Lack of purpose or motivation (222)
14.1%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (71)
4.51%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (92)
5.84%
Loneliness (139)
8.83%
Financial worries (56)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (71)
4.51%
Exposure to negative news/social media (76)
4.83%
Lack of real life entertainment (81)
5.14%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (136)
8.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (145)
9.21%

Watched Threads