Is bath university strict on gcse requirements

Watch
username5707593
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I really want to go to bath university in 2022
But it requires a B in maths GCSE but I only got a 5 due to teacher assessed grades
All my other GCSEs are B’s with 3 A’s
I’m taking business as an a level as I want to do a business management course so will i still be able to get in?
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Libbyrosee)
I really want to go to bath university in 2022
But it requires a B in maths GCSE but I only got a 5 due to teacher assessed grades
All my other GCSEs are B’s with 3 A’s
I’m taking business as an a level as I want to do a business management course so will i still be able to get in?
Usually unis are pretty strict on GCSE requirements, could you resit the GCSE to get the required grade?
something_orphic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Can you retake your maths GCSE? Colleges/sixth forms normally offer classes in which you can retake maths GCSE.

I am going to be straight with you. It is not ideal. Business degrees are relatively competitive to get onto, especially at somewhere like bath. Other Unis at a similar level to bath will also be looking for a grade 6 at GCSE. It will put you at a disadvantage for Bath and similar ranked Unis. Therefore, i highly recommend that you retake your maths. In the meantime you could email a bunch of unis to ask about how strict they are on their maths requirement. However, they may not give you a straight answer as they most likely will not want you to be discouraged from applying there.

Although, this is still worth doing as I did the same thing asking about GCSE requirements for my chosen degree course and I found that some unis either didn't reply after trying to get into contact with them for months, were rude or they were genuinely nice to me and gave me a good answer as well as additional info. This ended up being one of the factors in my decision making and I found it was very helpful in knowing which unis were likely to accept me and which weren't (I applied for a language related course and didn't meet the GCSE requirements and unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to retake).

Hope that helps a bit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.27%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.94%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.07%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.38%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise