Applying to US universities & Cam/Oxf as a first year at a UK university

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm going to be studying Economics at the LSE in September 2021 but want to study in the US & Cam/Oxf. Is it possible to apply whilst already studying at a UK university/worth it? I don't necessarily want a gap year since if I'm unsuccessful, it will be a full 15 months wasted
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can’t apply to Cambridge if you’re already studying at another university. They don’t like ‘stealing’ students.

Oxford doesn’t care though.
Anonymous #1
Got it - thank you!

Do you know about US universities - I've extensively searched the internet but can't find much help.
Legiterspams
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm going to be studying Economics at the LSE in September 2021 but want to study in the US & Cam/Oxf. Is it possible to apply whilst already studying at a UK university/worth it? I don't necessarily want a gap year since if I'm unsuccessful, it will be a full 15 months wasted
Oxford might consider you, not sure about cam... in US the application process will become quite complicated, you need to apply as a school student since you wont complete 1st year at LSE so no qualifications. If you do study at LSE for 1 yr then you might be able to transfer credits but I’m not sure if you have to restart the whole course there and study another 4 years. UToronto does take transfer students tho but it’s in Canada if you want a top uni.
However, LSE is 2nd in the world for social science so i dont see a point in changing when you already have the best opportunity but that’s your decision. In some cases LSE is much more well regarded for investment baking and front office jobs than any other uni check this : https://www.efinancialcareers.co.uk/...nt-banking-job Also i dont think its worth it because there its 4 yrs compared to 3 yrs plus you will save money here (if that concerns you) — these were just my opinion... take into account all possibilities and make a decision. All the best!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Give that LSE place to me ... I was dying to get into LSE but they rejected me for econ YEs please go to US or Oxford Cambridge 😜
Anonymous #1
I'm sorry to hear that

Where will you be heading off to now?
Anonymous #1
Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (136)
4.83%
Uncertainty around my education (413)
14.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (316)
11.22%
Lack of purpose or motivation (395)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (127)
4.51%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (171)
6.07%
Loneliness (245)
8.7%
Financial worries (101)
3.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (113)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (131)
4.65%
Lack of real life entertainment (152)
5.4%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (248)
8.81%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (268)
9.52%

Watched Threads