myt27
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, so I’m a little confused about my status as a student. I’ll apply to the universities next year, but I’m not sure if I’m considered as an international student or not. Not regarding the fee status, I know I’m eligible for home fees, but student finance and admissions are separate from each other so here’s my situation:

I’ll apply with Turkey’s high school system’s grades. (I’ve additional international qualifications as well but they were normally not offered in Turkey.) I’ll graduate from a high school in Turkey. Basically all of my academic record is from Turkey and has nothing to do with the UK qualifications. But from here things get a little complicated. My family (and in holidays, I do as well) live in the UK and we are all ordinary residents (people can have ordinary resident status in both countries at the same time, which applies to me.) Also I’m eligible for the home fees.

So, am I considered as an international or local student in the eyes of an admissions officer?
Levi-Jai
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by myt27)
Hi, so I’m a little confused about my status as a student. I’ll apply to the universities next year, but I’m not sure if I’m considered as an international student or not. Not regarding the fee status, I know I’m eligible for home fees, but student finance and admissions are separate from each other so here’s my situation:

I’ll apply with Turkey’s high school system’s grades. (I’ve additional international qualifications as well but they were normally not offered in Turkey.) I’ll graduate from a high school in Turkey. Basically all of my academic record is from Turkey and has nothing to do with the UK qualifications. But from here things get a little complicated. My family (and in holidays, I do as well) live in the UK and we are all ordinary residents (people can have ordinary resident status in both countries at the same time, which applies to me.) Also I’m eligible for the home fees.

So, am I considered as an international or local student in the eyes of an admissions officer?
i think local, as long as you live in the uk most of the year....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (190)
5.06%
Uncertainty around my education (552)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (420)
11.18%
Lack of purpose or motivation (517)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (187)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (224)
5.96%
Loneliness (315)
8.38%
Financial worries (138)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.86%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.47%
Lack of real life entertainment (213)
5.67%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (335)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (353)
9.4%

Watched Threads