Maggie 5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi I’m hoping to do my pgce at Leicester this year. Was just wondering does anyone know if I can do my school placements in Northern Ireland.
alexlilley
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Maggie 5)
Hi I’m hoping to do my pgce at Leicester this year. Was just wondering does anyone know if I can do my school placements in Northern Ireland.
Usually you're required to do your placements within a certain radius of the university with schools that already have a relationship with the university. I've never heard of a student doing their PGCE in Brighton doing their placements in Edinburgh, for example. I'd ask your course leader, but it'd probably be very difficult to organise.
Maggie 5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by alexlilley)
Usually you're required to do your placements within a certain radius of the university with schools that already have a relationship with the university. I've never heard of a student doing their PGCE in Brighton doing their placements in Edinburgh, for example. I'd ask your course leader, but it'd probably be very difficult to organise.
Thank you for that. Yeah I do think that would be the case. I’ve just heard of friends who did theirs in Carlisle & could do one placement in NI. But I will talk to someone on the course. Thanks again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (161)
42.71%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (55)
14.59%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (153)
40.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.12%

Watched Threads