Breakthrough bleeding on the pill

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I don’t suppose the type of pill used makes much difference but I’m on gedarel 20/150 and taking it continuously.

This is the second time I’ve had breakthrough bleeding but this time seems odd.
The first time was a month into taking the pill and I missed a dose so that was entirely my fault. Breakthrough bleeding didn’t stop on its own so I took a 4 day break as advised by my doctor, during which time (and 3 days after) I had a withdrawal bleed.
It’s now been six months since then and I’ve had no breaks or missed any doses. Not even a few minutes late.
I think this time the bleeding is just bc I’ve been taking it continuously which has been shown to increase instances of breakthrough bleeds.
Anyway, again the bleeding didn’t stop on its own so I’ve started my 4 day break (today is day 1 of 4) but I’ve actually had no bleeding today, which I find odd. I expected the withdrawal bleed to start some time this afternoon but it hasn’t and the breakthrough bleed has stopped. (I take my pills in the morning btw)

I bet now I’ve said this, I’ll wake up to a full pad but I’d just like to know if anyone else had experienced this or knows why there’s no withdrawal bleed yet?
One of my friends said that after she’d been on the pill for a while, she could go 2-3 days without a pill before she had a withdrawal bleed as her body was used to it. Could this be what’s happening with me?
And no I’m not pregnant, it’s been over a year since I last had sex.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (75)
4.73%
Uncertainty around my education (243)
15.33%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
10.98%
Lack of purpose or motivation (224)
14.13%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (71)
4.48%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (92)
5.8%
Loneliness (139)
8.77%
Financial worries (56)
3.53%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (71)
4.48%
Exposure to negative news/social media (76)
4.79%
Lack of real life entertainment (82)
5.17%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (137)
8.64%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (145)
9.15%

Watched Threads