The Student Room Group

I wish more women made a move...

What do you think guys?

Women, make a move on the guy you like. Loads of men love it!

Considering women are a fair bit more particular about their romantic person of interest, and more vulnerable in general than men usually, I find it incredibly cute and admirable for a women to show her affections to a man.

I wish a woman liked me enough to do that... If a woman was to tell me she liked me, I would blush like mad, my cheeks would go bright fluorescent red.

Scroll to see replies

I’m 22 years old and I’m still a virgin. I’ve never even kissed a girl. I’ve been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I’m still a virgin. It has been very torturous. College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex and fun and pleasure. Within those years, I’ve had to rot in loneliness. It’s not fair.

You girls have never been attracted to me. I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me. It’s an injustice, a crime, because… I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy and yet you throw yourselves at these obnoxious men instead of me, the supreme gentleman.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 22 years old and I’m still a virgin. I’ve never even kissed a girl. I’ve been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I’m still a virgin. It has been very torturous. College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex and fun and pleasure. Within those years, I’ve had to rot in loneliness. It’s not fair.

You girls have never been attracted to me. I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me. It’s an injustice, a crime, because… I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy and yet you throw yourselves at these obnoxious men instead of me, the supreme gentleman.

My post here is a harmless post saying it is nice if women tell the man of interest that they like them.

You are demanding that a woman out there gets with you... which is of course not how the world works.
Reply 3
What do you think guys?

Considering women are a fair bit more particular about their romantic person of interest, and more vulnerable in general than men usually, I find it incredibly cute and admirable for a women to show her affections to a man.

I wish a woman liked me enough to do that... If a woman was to tell me she liked me, I would blush like mad, my cheeks would go bright fluorescent red.

Not speaking for ALL women ofc but you're probably not wrong about women being more particular before asking someone out. People also think about how out of character it would be for the particular guy to ask someone out if they're interested. If the guy is more shy and wouldn't ask someone out even if they obviously liked them I think the other person WOULD make a move. It's definitely getting more common for women to ask guys out. Depends on the personality/ confidence of both parties I guess
My post here is a harmless post saying it is nice if women tell the man of interest that they like them.

You are demanding that a woman out there gets with you... which is of course not how the world works.

I think it’s a troll copy paste of that shooter dude Elliot Rodger
I do think women make the move tbh. Definitely more than before, they just need to really like you I guess👍

But, stereotypically, it’s facts that women are not meant to and men are meant to be more dominant, so you do have a point. 👍
You want women to leave that comfortable position where they are the ones who get chased and at the end of the day have the mighty power to accept or reject the person? You want them to make a move and risk facing rejection? You want them to experience that painful feeling when you know you are vulnerable because the person can decide to reject you; if you are not strong enough mentally your life might become a mess?
There is no way. Safer to be the one who has to power to decide at the end of the day.

Men are expected by both other men and women to be the ones who have to pursue and make the move.
At the very least, a really tiny minority of them, truly unique women, special make a move.
But the vast majority would rather stay the queens who have the power to accept or reject.

I find it very distasteful that u clearly reference the incel assassin Elliot Rodger in ur anon post... a 22yr old virgin whose statements u quote directly and whose key concept, the "supreme gentleman," u seem to find laudable....

:mad:
Reply 8
Original post by CaptainDuckie
I do think women make the move tbh. Definitely more than before, they just need to really like you I guess👍

But, stereotypically, it’s facts that women are not meant to and men are meant to be more dominant, so you do have a point. 👍

I only seem to get anywhere when the woman makes the first move

If I make the first move nothing seems to come of it :dontknow:
It'd be utopia, wouldn't it :closedeyes:
Original post by ANM775
I only seem to get anywhere when the woman makes the first move

If I make the first move nothing seems to come of it :dontknow:

Exactly man. It’s even better if it’s a joint effort tbh
make a move before I make a movee ooh ooh
What do you think guys?

I wouldn't mind making the first move in terms of talking/ introducing myself but I am not making the first move in everything. Women are meant to attract and guys are meant to chase. If a women starts to chase then it just feels like she's desperate/ needs a man.
Original post by itsyahg
If a women starts to chase then it just feels like she's desperate/ needs a man.

Tbh as much as this mentality is historically accepted, I just hate it. Why can’t men who chase also look they’re desperate?
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Tbh as much as this mentality is historically accepted, I just hate it. Why can’t men who chase also look they’re desperate?

because they're seen as having to be a gentleman. Everytime I have chased a bit, it just never works out. I personally like it when a guy chases me
Reply 15
Original post by itsyahg
I wouldn't mind making the first move in terms of talking/ introducing myself but I am not making the first move in everything. Women are meant to attract and guys are meant to chase. If a women starts to chase then it just feels like she's desperate/ needs a man.

It's 2021 we shouldn't be going down the gender stereotype route......

What would you say if someone said women belong in the kitchen? huh?
I do
Original post by ANM775
It's 2021 we shouldn't be going down the gender stereotype route......

What would you say if someone said women belong in the kitchen? huh?

yeah but that's just how it works. Guys are meant to chase, they like to chase. It's not a bad thing
Original post by itsyahg
because they're seen as having to be a gentleman. Everytime I have chased a bit, it just never works out. I personally like it when a guy chases me

But whenever the girls chase (or at least some combined effort), the relationship works out..

Doesn’t it come a time where he’s chasing you too much and you start to “play with it”, since you know they want you? It’s just like having emotional power over them
Honestly I made a move on the guy I liked, he said he was happy that I did, but he never approach’s me first, why do you think he does that? Can it be a turn off when a girl makes the first move?

Anonymous because he is on tsr too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending