A level/GCSE bio and chem help

Watch
leahmae49
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi! My name is Leah and I’m a second year a level student doing biology and chemistry. If you have any questions and need help just give me a message and I’ll try my best to help

Squiggles1238
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello! Im a year 12 taking bio and im really struggling, any advice?
leahmae49
Rep:
?
(Original post by Squiggles1238)
Hello! Im a year 12 taking bio and im really struggling, any advice?
Hi! I kinda had the same thing at the start of year 12, but you will understand it more as it goes along and I would say the best thing to do is to practice questions on topics you’ve done and I have a tutor for chemistry so maybe you could look into that
pk027
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hiii,
Is this correct? And could you please explain what water exiting at day at night has to do with this? (just at gcse level)
Thank youuu
Attached files
Last edited by pk027; 1 week ago
leahmae49
Rep:
?
(Original post by pkaur027)
Hiii,
Is this correct? And could you please explain what water exiting at day at night has to do with this? (just at gcse level)
Thank youuu
Yes this answer is great as you’ve compared the guard cells during both night and day and how that effects the amount of CO2 and water going in for photosynthesis although it might be good to mention about O2 leaving the stomata in photosynthesis as well so two gases are involved here. Water is important to mention because during transpiration which I think you know of, water vapour exits the leaf via the stomata during the process and obviously water is needed to go into the stomata for photosynthesis. I hope this helps
username54
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by leahmae49)
Hi! My name is Leah and I’m a second year a level student doing biology and chemistry. If you have any questions and need help just give me a message and I’ll try my best to help
How do you answer 4 and 6 markers for science. I do AQA combined science trilogy
leahmae49
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 hour ago
(Original post by username54)
How do you answer 4 and 6 markers for science. I do AQA combined science trilogy
Okay so what I try and do is think about the main points that you’re going to get marked for, so for example if it says ‘in what ways are the human population causing global warming’ and it was 4 marks I would have two ways and then explain them both so you get two marks for your main points and then another two for each explanation. In my experience, a lot of 6 markers are about explaining a process that has lots of steps so for that it’s about trying to explain without too many filler words otherwise it turns into waffle. Try and get as much scientific words as you can in there. If you want to send an example of a long question I can talk you through more specifically how to answer it
username54
Rep:
?
Report 1 hour ago
Okay so what I try and do is think about the main points that you’re going to get marked for, so for example if it says ‘in what ways are the human population causing global warming’ and it was 4 marks I would have two ways and then explain them both so you get two marks for your main points and then another two for each explanation. In my experience, a lot of 6 markers are about explaining a process that has lots of steps so for that it’s about trying to explain without too many filler words otherwise it turns into waffle. Try and get as much scientific words as you can in there. If you want to send an example of a long question I can talk you through more specifically how to answer it
Name:  9EA49CE8-AB19-4244-B919-4AD39B481F17.jpg.jpeg
Views: 5
Size:  17.7 KB

How would you go about answering this? Thank you very much
leahmae49
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 46 minutes ago
(Original post by username54)
Name:  9EA49CE8-AB19-4244-B919-4AD39B481F17.jpg.jpeg
Views: 5
Size:  17.7 KB

How would you go about answering this? Thank you very much
Okay so here we are trying to compare the heart rate between a smoker and a non- smoker during exercise. So I would say something about getting measuring both heart rates before the exercise so you have a value to compare with at the end. Then get the smoker to have a cigarette before they start exercising whereas the non smoker would not. They would both do the SAME exercise and in the SAME amount of time and be the SAME age and at the SAME time.That’s very important to mention your controls to make this a valid and fair experiment as those factors can affect your heart rate values. They would both wear a heart rate monitor whilst doing their exercise. And you could conduct the experiment over three days so they repeat the exercise so you can calculate a mean to make the experiment more accurate.
username54
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
Okay so here we are trying to compare the heart rate between a smoker and a non- smoker during exercise. So I would say something about getting measuring both heart rates before the exercise so you have a value to compare with at the end. Then get the smoker to have a cigarette before they start exercising whereas the non smoker would not. They would both do the SAME exercise and in the SAME amount of time and be the SAME age and at the SAME time.That’s very important to mention your controls to make this a valid and fair experiment as those factors can affect your heart rate values. They would both wear a heart rate monitor whilst doing their exercise. And you could conduct the experiment over three days so they repeat the exercise so you can calculate a mean to make the experiment more accurate.
Thank you so much, could you please model an answer so i can see how to include all my points coherently. Sorry if its too much hassle
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (136)
43.73%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
14.47%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (124)
39.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (6)
1.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed