The Student Room Group

Wanting to start my final year again in September

Hey,

Just making a post as I’m currently thinking of pausing my studies, and restarting my final year in september.

I’m worried I won’t get the grade I want, I’m currently on a 2:1, and want to ensure that I make it to a 2:1 or possibly higher, but at the start of this year, when I was supposed to be starting my dissertation and other final assignment for another module, my mental health had a breakdown which forced me to return home and wasn’t able to do any work whatsoever.

I was in contact with my uni, and tutors, and they understood my situation. I have GP notes etc, proof of mental health medication and private therapy.

I’ve currently got back on my feet kinda, but it’s still a long road and there’s plenty of wobbles all the time.

So, essentially, I spoke to a progression advisor about resitting, and whilst it seemed from her that it is fine to re-do my final year as I haven’t received any final marks, I just wanted to know if my mark for next year if I was to start in December be capped? And how the student finance process works, as I’ve not resat before and I believe you are entitled to 4 years?

If anyone could let me know if this is ok, or on their experience, as I’m worried that from missing out from 2 months straight of work due to my mental health going into crisis that it’s going to hinder my end grade, and would rather act sooner and go for a resit to get the grade I want.

Thanks
I'm sure everything will be fine! Take a breath.
Try to stay positive and put all your effort in!
Remember you got this!!!
So you are asking to keep your semester 1 results and essentially redo semester 2 and the dissertation? That is possible if you have certificates from your doctor indicating that you became ill in December 2020.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending