Sterling Car Insurance

Watch
RyanC_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi

I am finally nearing 17 and am looking at learner/provisional driver car insurance policies . I have been on some comparison sites and had many quotes, but Sterling Insurance has always been the cheapest at about £260/year and even as low as £236 directly through their site, compared to the next cheapest usually being Sainsbury's Bank at about £320 per year.

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with Sterling, as I haven't really heard of them before and reviews online are very mixed.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by RyanC_; 6 days ago
oligti
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Not heard very good things about Sterling

Unless you plan on taking a year to pass your test I wouldn't buy it in year increments either
RyanC_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by oligti)
Not heard very good things about Sterling

Unless you plan on taking a year to pass your test I wouldn't buy it in year increments either
Oh dear

I only thought to take it as a year as all of the quotes for monthly or certain periods of days work out so much more expensive and ofc with corona I have no idea how long it will take.. e.g. marmalade for 180 days was £292
oligti
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
My reply was deleted because the mods misunderstood what I was trying to say..

I'm with Collingwood insurance, and there is a 30% discount on the conquer driving youtube channel video descriptions currently (I'm not associated to them and all that rubbish) It might be worth getting a quote with them

I don't think I'm allowed to link it but I'd check it out

I've found that marmalade was a bit pricey too, but they are a definite genuine company
tylinf
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I used collingwood for my learner insurance. I can't remember the exact amount but I paid for a year up front, passed in 4 months and had the other 8 months refunded without any questions asked. Couldn't recommend them enough.
Last edited by tylinf; 2 days ago
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I've never used Sterling, but i've heard several nasty stories about them really just being a spivvy middle man with a habit of getting their customers into expensive trouble with false details and cut corners.
Time 2 Shine
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I read the thread title as "Stealing car insurance" and I was like :eek:😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.9%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.83%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.94%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.2%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.93%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.26%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.78%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.49%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads