Bike Sizing - Help With Choosing The Right Bike Size

Watch
Capitalist_Lamb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi Guys. Hopefully some knowledgeable cyclists are reading this and can give me some advice.

I have recently gotten a lot more into cycling and am wanting to purchase my first road bike. However I am just unsure of the right size to get and am getting a little confused at all the different websites giving different answers and ways to calculate so want to ask some of you guys.

Another thing I wanted to know is what is the best way to calculate the correct size. I know the best way is to just go with what the manufacturers suggest but there are other websites that tell me the size I need is different and am just unsure on what I need.

I know that there are difference between certain brands and the frame size but was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on what you think the best frame size would be.

My Measurements
Height - 6ft 2in - 189cm
Inner Leg 34-35in - 88-90cm (found this a little hard to measure)

(Just a reminder that I am looking for a road bike and not a mountain bike as I know these use different sizes)

If you had any advice that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Capitalist_Lamb; 2 weeks ago
Mathswizard789
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Personally, I recommend you go to a bike store and try the bikes, it helps if its a large store like decathlon or halfords. Just go in there and see which is the most comfortable, but you don't have to buy anything. Thats what I did, when I brought my first bike. Also I wouldn't really buy a bike online, its better in store if you can, that ways its already assembled.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (158)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (471)
14.64%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (360)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (451)
14.01%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (151)
4.69%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (193)
6%
Loneliness (279)
8.67%
Financial worries (114)
3.54%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (129)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (146)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (177)
5.5%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (287)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (302)
9.38%

Watched Threads