The Student Room Group

What is the most expensive Game you own?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JDINCINERATOR
In recent times it's probably Ring Fit Adventure which set me back about £80 or so.

And that is the way it begins: buy a game for a bargain and let the game increase in values in the next years. Holy moly, if I consider what an amount of money I paid for some games and what are they worth now...!
Original post by Kallisto
And that is the way it begins: buy a game for a bargain and let the game increase in values in the next years. Holy moly, if I consider what an amount of money I paid for some games and what are they worth now...!

The odds are that most of those games will have randomly vanished in to the abyss before they become valuable though. Obviously not ring fit adventure. That would be quite hard to lose.
Reply 22
also another game of mine which is getting a bit valuable now is this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SONY-GIOCO-CRISIS-FINAL-FANTASY/dp/B004C04UL4/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=crisis+core&qid=1619508584&sr=8-13

I accidently bought 2 copies near when it first came out and just couldn't be bothered to waste postage sending it back..

it's still sealed, and i don't think it's "platinum" so should be worth more than the one here, but my sealed game has developed a few little cracks in it over the years which has probably pushed it's value down somewhat over a perfectly sealed one.

I've probably had the game 10+ yrs (my longest sealed game!)

how do i prevent seals cracking in future due to the passage of time???

I don't want this to happen to my other sealed games
Reply 23
here's another free tip from yours truly

those in the US should stock up on this game asap

https://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Persona-FES-PlayStation/dp/B0014CN2H6/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=persona+3+fes&qid=1619521491&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A1MTMP1LZL4FAB&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyWUpRQ085VTFFMTVHJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTAyNzA3MVBJRTA5S1VLQzdRNCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTA3NTg2VDAyMkY0WEJPQVI0JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

price is $29.99 today.
5 years from now the price will be at least double.

personally i do not like importing stuff as they like to add tax and stuff etc, and if i have to resell it might have to be to US people (as demand for it will be higher there as it's a US copy) which will cost additional shipping fees...., but if i was in the US I would definitely be snapping some up......
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
here's another free tip from yours truly
those in the US should stock up on this game asap
price is $29.99 today.
5 years from now the price will be at least double.

(edited 2 years ago)
In game skins rinse my back account xD
Pokemon Soul Silver. Goes for about double the retail price when it first came out
Original post by Thisismyunitsr
Pokemon Soul Silver. Goes for about double the retail price when it first came out

Sold a game for the double invested price is a great deal. Waiting for increasing cash value is really worth it, you are the evidence. :smile:
Reply 28
Did anyone else see this thread and think board games lol
if we talking system I have a pacman arcade game system around £4.5k last I checked and then my Nintendo Game & Watch which is around £50 or so I think but, if its game then probably one of the first gen Pokémon games so around £50 for loose price.
I own my life. It’s a very turbulent game with lots of twists and surprises. It’s worth a soul, so pretty pricey.
Original post by a_w_
Did anyone else see this thread and think board games lol

No because this is the gaming forum.

'lol'.
Your dad

Spoiler

Sold a game for the double invested price is a great deal. Waiting for increasing cash value is really worth it, you are the evidence. :smile:

I won’t sell it because it’s my childhood haha

You say that about a £30 increase after over a decade. You could work 4 hours extra and make more. 'Investing' in games is a weird route to take.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ozzyoscy
You say that about a £30 increase after over a decade. You could work 4 hours extra and make more. 'Investing' in games is a weird route to take.

From this perspective... it is not a high accretion of a game. In the other hand, price calculation for games is a matter by its own.

Original post by Thisismyunitsr
I won’t sell it because it’s my childhood haha

Feel the same. I just can't sell.
F1 2013 with the Classic Tracks DLC (seen it being sold for up to £200)
In terms of how much I paid for a game then - ESO Premium.
(edited 2 years ago)
The amaizng spider man 2

Quick Reply