Laurie Harrap
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
my family have recently been telling me that I should be revising for at least 6-7 hours a day! Surely this isnt right?
UKJ
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
General advice is to revise effectively in a short period of time. Such as testing yourself and then go through the stuff that you didn't do well on.
izzy-stones
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It's recommended that if you're going to be revising for a long amount of time then you will do, for example, an hour where you study with no distractions and then a 20-minute break and then another hour etc. I think your parents are wanting you to revise for 6-7 hours a day to replace school if you're on a break
Laurie Harrap
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by izzy-stones)
It's recommended that if you're going to be revising for a long amount of time then you will do, for example, an hour where you study with no distractions and then a 20-minute break and then another hour etc. I think your parents are wanting you to revise for 6-7 hours a day to replace school if you're on a break
Never thought about that really. Thank you for the advice!
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Laurie Harrap)
my family have recently been telling me that I should be revising for at least 6-7 hours a day! Surely this isnt right?
6-7 hours is too long. Even when you're at school you have breaks and time out, what subjects are you doing? Do you need to revise lots?
fooooooooood
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I do 20 hours revision a day. Only 3 hours sleep.
fooooooooood
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I would commit suicide if I fail. I got 2 A* and 2A's in A levels. I got into university despite appalling GCSE grades
superwoman2345
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I think you should do the Pomodoro method 25 min then 5 min break .Studies show you only concentrate for the first 25 mins so doing this in the the total 6 hours will help you concentrate more.
tedibare
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by fooooooooood)
I do 20 hours revision a day. Only 3 hours sleep.
You’re joking
fooooooooood
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by tedibare)
You’re joking
I study 24/7 minimum 18 hours, though usually 20 hours a day. I have no friends. I just study and get good grades. Or use netflix and youtube.
DGeorge13
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The is very subjective and totally depends on you. I’m at uni and in the break probably 7 hours revision is what I’m doing but you can do 7 hours with breaks and have some of the day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (67)
18.87%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.37%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.79%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.85%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.1%
Taster lectures or seminars (76)
21.41%
Speak to current students studying my course (81)
22.82%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (15)
4.23%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.66%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.25%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
1.97%

Watched Threads