The Student Room Group

OCR A level Biology

Is it okay to do practice questions from 2001 onwards?

There are only like 3 sheets per topic on physics and maths tutor and I have done all these questions.

If its not advisable to do questions from 2001, please can someone tell me what questions I should use instead because I can't find any website with any other questions
Reply 1
Original post by limitlesspuffy
Is it okay to do practice questions from 2001 onwards?

There are only like 3 sheets per topic on physics and maths tutor and I have done all these questions.

If its not advisable to do questions from 2001, please can someone tell me what questions I should use instead because I can't find any website with any other questions

I have done some questions from 2004 and 5 but it was a hassle trying to find and do questions aligned with the OCR A spec. I would recommend sticking with doing the 2020 2019 2018 2017 papers.
Original post by Ranger33
I have done some questions from 2004 and 5 but it was a hassle trying to find and do questions aligned with the OCR A spec. I would recommend sticking with doing the 2020 2019 2018 2017 papers.

thats only a few papers though. Do you recommend any other resources?
I wouldn't bother doing questions from that early on- the spec has changed quite a bit since then as well as the question style.
If you've run out of resources - maybe ask your teachers if they can provide/make more for you?
There's a website called "study mind" but tbh the questions might be the exact same as the ones on pmt? There are probably more available online somewhere, but they start charging you for a membership to look at the mark schemes etc which is really annoying.
Maybe look at the other biology ocr spec and see if there are any cross-overs that you could find questions for?
Original post by haroldstyles
I wouldn't bother doing questions from that early on- the spec has changed quite a bit since then as well as the question style.
If you've run out of resources - maybe ask your teachers if they can provide/make more for you?
There's a website called "study mind" but tbh the questions might be the exact same as the ones on pmt? There are probably more available online somewhere, but they start charging you for a membership to look at the mark schemes etc which is really annoying.
Maybe look at the other biology ocr spec and see if there are any cross-overs that you could find questions for?

okay thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest