dmanthebull
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi i'm hoping to do BENG civil engineering at either Bristol or Lboro(with placement at lboro). Not sure where I should go. I already weighed it up and still they're both good in my opinion. I am confident I can meet the entry requirements for both. They are similar distance from where i live. The course modules seem to differ with Bristol having alot more math modules.I dont take further maths. I do know they will go over a level maths to make sure people are at similar levels . Not doing a MENG because i'm not sure if I want to end up entirely as civil engineer but it does seem interesting. I guess it boils down to the uni itself and what they're like. Please give me ideas and new information
mike23mike
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Both are top unis so you are good whichever one you choose. Looks like you have considered the course content carefully.

Loughborough is a wonderful campus uni. It's self-contained so you won't need to venture off-campus. However, Nottingham is 30 minutes away by train if you did want to escape from the campus atmosphere.

Bristol is again a lovely uni and the city of Bristol is lovely (admittedly not right now with the Kill Bill stuff going on). The Watershed in Bristol is a cool place to hang out.

Tough choice.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
Bristol. It is more prestigious.
dmanthebull
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Bristol. It is more prestigious.
Does it being more prestigious actually mean anything though apart from "Looking nice"
Loughborough Postgraduate Study
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dmanthebull)
Hi i'm hoping to do BENG civil engineering at either Bristol or Lboro(with placement at lboro). Not sure where I should go. I already weighed it up and still they're both good in my opinion. I am confident I can meet the entry requirements for both. They are similar distance from where i live. The course modules seem to differ with Bristol having alot more math modules.I dont take further maths. I do know they will go over a level maths to make sure people are at similar levels . Not doing a MENG because i'm not sure if I want to end up entirely as civil engineer but it does seem interesting. I guess it boils down to the uni itself and what they're like. Please give me ideas and new information
Hi dmanthebull :hello:

It's great that you're considering studying at Loughborough!

As already mentioned by mike23mike, it sounds like you've already done your research into the courses, which is great to see!

I've included some information below about some of the other factors you may like to consider when making your decision.

Accommodation - We have a wide range of University halls accommodation available, based either on or a short walk from campus, to suit a range of styles and budgets, with catered and self-catered options. You can also continue living in halls throughout your degree, and there are lots of other options available off campus, including shared houses, flats and private halls of residence. Our video below contains more information about our University halls of residence.

Location - Loughborough is a vibrant market town based in the heart of the East Midlands, in between the cities of Leicester and Nottingham, just off the M1 motorway. We are a short train or bus journey away from the local cities of Derby, Leicester and Nottingham, and just over 70 minutes away by train to London St Pancras. We're also located a short journey from East Midlands Airport, offering a range of domestic and international flights. Loughborough is also well-served by National Express and Megabus coach services.

Campus - We are proud to have a glorious 440-acre single-site campus to call home, one of the largest in the UK, offering everything you need as a student and more, from academic buildings, to accommodation, sports and leisure facilities, green open spaces, gardens, woods, shops, restaurants, bars, cafes and much more! Check out our campus with the video tour below.

Student support - We want to ensure you are fully supported during your time with us so that you have the best university experience. There are a wide range of services available to support students including the Careers Network, Counselling, Disability Support, Mental Health Support, Study Support, Academic and Practical Support, English Language Support, Student Advice and Support, Centre for Faith and Spirituality, Security and more.

I hope this helps! You can find more information at our online prospectus, where you can also read through our student stories. You'll also find independent reviews from our students on the StudentCrowd site.

All the best!
-Dan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (139)
4.82%
Uncertainty around my education (425)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (323)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (404)
14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (131)
4.54%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (176)
6.1%
Loneliness (248)
8.59%
Financial worries (106)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (118)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (155)
5.37%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (257)
8.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (272)
9.42%

Watched Threads