The Student Room Group

Pub jobs for 14 year olds

I currently work as dishwasher in a pub kitchen and am wondering if there was any other job i could do at my age in a pub
(edited 3 years ago)
Not really. You’re lucky to get anything other than a paper round at your age
Original post by Freddie.G
I currently work as dishwasher in a pub kitchen and am wondering if there was any other job i could do at my age in a pub

You can't serve alcohol so your options are very limited. Most places won't employ anyone under 16 at all, so you are probably best off keeping your head down where you are.
How do you have a job at 14 I’m 15 and can’t even be bothered trying to find one
Not really, you can’t serve alcohol until you are 18 anyway
Tbh you are kind of lucky to be employed at all at 14. When I was 14 I was applying to everywhere and anywhere same with my friends but very very few people actually managed to get a job until they were 16. I highly doubt you are going to get another job in a pub as most of the jobs in a pub require you to be 18 or it is preferable to have someone who is 18 E.g: waiting tables would be better to be 18 as you would likely to have to deal with intoxicated people

You are kind of lucky to be employed at 14 at all.
Most places don't take on under 16's. You could get a paper round?
Seriously, I'd keep your head down and stick with the job you have.
Reply 7

why would you need a job at 14, that's child slavery

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending