The Student Room Group

Why don't people eat full apples

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sufys12
They're only mushy if you eat them too long after they are ripe. They smell quite nice.

okay ngl, i like to eat them when they're a little rotten but ripe/unripe bananas are firm and they stink. the texture is weird too
Original post by strawbewies_suck
I'm really sorry about your dad. I'm glad he's a tree for you to pee on though. He likes the pee, it helps give him nutrients.

Turning into a tree has been my life goal, so thank you for sharing this tragic story.

I don't recall saying it was tragic??
Original post by wazza778
I don't recall saying it was tragic??

Right. Of course it wasn't tragic.

I meant to say, "Thank you for telling me about your miracle."
Right. Of course it wasn't tragic.

I meant to say, "Thank you for telling me about your miracle."

At least he never left me.
Original post by wazza778
At least he never left me.

Exactly, he watches over you and especially enjoys watching over you when you pee
When I was young I would not eat apples unless cut into pieces, out of fear of swallowing the pips. I cannot recall where the fear came from though.
Original post by barnet1471
When I was young I would not eat apples unless cut into pieces, out of fear of swallowing the pips. I cannot recall where the fear came from though.

wow thats strange. I think it's a societal thing, passed down generations. This is deeper than i thought.
I care about the environment and not eating the middle is wastage. I don't judge people's life choices until food waste or the environment is evolved. (or hate, racism, homophobia ect...)

Do you honestly think that an apple core is bad for the environment?
Original post by Paul Vincent
Do you honestly think that an apple core is bad for the environment?

Most, if not all, food is biodegradable and can still be considered as litter. All food waste is bad for the environment, apple cores included. It's just so normal for us to waste them that we don't think twice.

There's also this issue, if the apple core is littered outside:
https://www.wildlifecenter.org/message-apple-core
Most, if not all, food is biodegradable and can still be considered as litter. All food waste is bad for the environment, apple cores included. It's just so normal for us to waste them that we don't think twice.

There's also this issue, if the apple core is littered outside:
https://www.wildlifecenter.org/message-apple-core

Fruit naturally falls to the ground from trees without any help from humans. That's not bad for the environment, that's how it all works.
Reply 30
I don't understand why nobody eats the full apple. When I was younger, I ate an apple like my peers and family did- I left the core and the seeds. And I didn't even understand why.

From last year, I eat apples religiously and I eat the full thing, core and all, except the stem. (I even eat the stem sometimes). It pains me to see people not eating the full apple.

Recently, I discovered that apple seeds have cyanide but eating, say 8, seeds of cyanide can't harm you one bit. So do people leave the core because of society or the non-existent health risks of eating apple seeds?

Note: Yes I have major exams coming up and yes I'm procrastinating

the core and seeds aren't too palatable and some people worry about getting cyanide poisoning..
Guinea pigs can't eat apple seeds :frown:
Original post by Paul Vincent
Fruit naturally falls to the ground from trees without any help from humans. That's not bad for the environment, that's how it all works.

If there is a tree, there's grass around it and the apples falling provide nutrients but it's not the same in an urban setting
I don't understand why nobody eats the full apple. When I was younger, I ate an apple like my peers and family did- I left the core and the seeds. And I didn't even understand why.

From last year, I eat apples religiously and I eat the full thing, core and all, except the stem. (I even eat the stem sometimes). It pains me to see people not eating the full apple.

Recently, I discovered that apple seeds have cyanide but eating, say 8, seeds of cyanide can't harm you one bit. So do people leave the core because of society or the non-existent health risks of eating apple seeds?

i used to eat the full apple. i thought you HAD to eat the full apple. i dont eat the full apple now simply because i dont like it. it doesnt really have a nice taste, is tough to eat and gets stuck between my teeth/hurts my gums lol
Original post by BluMoon06
i used to eat the full apple. i thought you HAD to eat the full apple. i dont eat the full apple now simply because i dont like it. it doesnt really have a nice taste, is tough to eat and gets stuck between my teeth/hurts my gums lol

woah i've never met somebody else who eats the whole thing too, and you did it when you were little. it does sometimes get stuck in your teeth and i stopped eating them when i had braces but they have benefits for your teeth and gums. the middle doesn't have a nice taste? I think it tastes the same the whole way through?
Original post by CoolCavy
Guinea pigs can't eat apple seeds :frown:

and you're a guinea pig?
woah i've never met somebody else who eats the whole thing too, and you did it when you were little. it does sometimes get stuck in your teeth and i stopped eating them when i had braces but they have benefits for your teeth and gums. the middle doesn't have a nice taste? I think it tastes the same the whole way through?

yh yh i used to all the time till yr 7 lol
i have sensitive teeth now whi is prob why i dont eat it anymore
yh its kinda weird lol

eating apples is so 2016-
Original post by QueenKagami
eating apples is so 2016-

wtf, eating apples is so 2021
If there is a tree, there's grass around it and the apples falling provide nutrients but it's not the same in an urban setting

An urban setting is bad for the environment; not an apple core!

Quick Reply

Latest