Timeturner
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm applying for a job at a secondary school as a secretary. Part of the application includes the query "Explain how you support the commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people."

I'm not really sure how to answer or approach this - can anybody help please?
Last edited by Timeturner; 1 week ago
giella
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Taking part in mandatory training, knowing who your safeguarding lead is, ongoing CPD into issues affecting vulnerable populations, documenting your contact with children, good record keeping. That’s how you support safeguarding. Not much more to it really.
Timeturner
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by giella)
Taking part in mandatory training, knowing who your safeguarding lead is, ongoing CPD into issues affecting vulnerable populations, documenting your contact with children, good record keeping. That’s how you support safeguarding. Not much more to it really.
Not to filch what you said, but is this any good?
To help support safeguarding, I would willingly take part in mandatory and non-mandatory training and ensuring I kept myself up-to-date with the members of the safe-guarding team. As well as this, I would make sure that I noted documented my contact with the students, particularly those who are classed as “vulnerable” and/or have mental health issues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (172)
41.85%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (61)
14.84%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (170)
41.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.95%

Watched Threads