I have accepted my Uni offers - will I be able to change the Uni in post?

Watch
1312ACAB
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi!
So I've recently accepted my Uni offers and think I might change my course. I understand that the conditions that I can do that if I am accepted into both my firm & insurance.
However, if, hypothetically, I get my grades of my firm, would I be able to apply to a different Uni's course? (If there are available spaces, obviously). I understand adjustment is if you do better than the grades expected, but if I do get the correct grades, would I be able to change to a different university in a different course?

Any advice would be helpful,
Thank you. .
naeology
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there! Yes, you would be able to change university and course as long as you meet the entry requirements for the the new course that you’re interested in. If the new course is completely unrelated to your original one you’ll probably have a mini phone interview where they ask you why you’re interested in the course and all the usual questions you might expect, but there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to change courses. One of my flatmates changed from physics to IR and Politics
1312ACAB
Rep:
?
(Original post by naeology)
Hi there! Yes, you would be able to change university and course as long as you meet the entry requirements for the the new course that you’re interested in. If the new course is completely unrelated to your original one you’ll probably have a mini phone interview where they ask you why you’re interested in the course and all the usual questions you might expect, but there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to change courses. One of my flatmates changed from physics to IR and Politics
omg!! thank you!!
I’ve been so hung up on not being able to decide where my heart lies that this has really helped! you’re an angel!
naeology
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 1312ACAB)
omg!! thank you!!
I’ve been so hung up on not being able to decide where my heart lies that this has really helped! you’re an angel!
It’s no problem, glad I was able to help! I was in the exact same position last year, so I know how nerve wracking it all is. Changed my mind like 500 times lol. I hope it all goes well for you and you get into the university you want to go to!!
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 1312ACAB)
However, if, hypothetically, I get my grades of my firm, would I be able to apply to a different Uni's course?
*Why* do you want to do this?
Higher grades does not = 'better course that I will enjoy more' or 'a Uni I will like more'
1312ACAB
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
*Why* do you want to do this?
Higher grades does not = 'better course that I will enjoy more' or 'a Uni I will like more'
Yeah, i’ve considered that, thank you. There are some personal reasons surrounding the possibility of changing unis, the only reason i mentioned grades was as the entry requirements are similar
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (76)
4.77%
Uncertainty around my education (244)
15.31%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (175)
10.98%
Lack of purpose or motivation (225)
14.12%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (71)
4.45%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (93)
5.83%
Loneliness (139)
8.72%
Financial worries (57)
3.58%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (72)
4.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (77)
4.83%
Lack of real life entertainment (83)
5.21%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (137)
8.59%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (145)
9.1%

Watched Threads