Took a break and now noticing muscle gains! But can’t see due to fat rip

Watch
14t
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I took a break from my workouts for about 5 days (also overate on chocolate and crisps) during those days. Back on it today and for the first time i rlly noticed muscle gains in my arms! But ngl it just makes my arms look fatter/bigger but not in a nice way because they’re bigger due to muscle but the outer layer is still fat if that makes sense? i’m at a healthy weight so ik recomp in the way to go but like? i’ve built muscle but haven’t lost enough fat to look good aesthetically. anything i can do about this or do i just need to keep pushing? it might just be my body bloating from my carb overload too as my stomach is mahooosive, who knows?
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Stop overthinking and trust the process. Is your weight staying the same?
Last edited by Dax_Swagg3r; 2 weeks ago
14t
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
Stop overthinking and trust the process. Is your weight staying the same?
thanks, that’s sometimes i struggle to do lmao! i had a bit of an off week so i’m not looking at the scale for a bit (for my own sanity) but before that i feel like my body was starting to settle at 56/57kg. i’ve reduced cardio too idk if that was a good idea or not?
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 14t)
thanks, that’s sometimes i struggle to do lmao! i had a bit of an off week so i’m not looking at the scale for a bit (for my own sanity) but before that i feel like my body was starting to settle at 56/57kg. i’ve reduced cardio too idk if that was a good idea or not?
That could be the reason your arms look displeasing, how do you know your gaining muscle but not losing enough fat when you don't even know your current weight.
If it helps u eat at maintenance then it's fine.
14t
Rep:
?
That could be the reason your arms look displeasing, how do you know your gaining muscle but not losing enough fat when you don't even know your current weight.
If it helps u eat at maintenance then it's fine.
oh no i do usually weigh myself and it has been staying the same/occasionally going down by 0.1kg. I’m just not looking at the scale THIS WEEK as during easter weekend i went a bit mad so i’d rather not see the damage (ignorance is bliss). i’ll look in a week lollll
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 14t)
oh no i do usually weigh myself and it has been staying the same/occasionally going down by 0.1kg. I’m just not looking at the scale THIS WEEK as during easter weekend i went a bit mad so i’d rather not see the damage (ignorance is bliss). i’ll look in a week lollll
Yea I know but you noticed your arm change this week too which may also just be placebo.
14t
Rep:
?
Yea I know but you noticed your arm change this week too which may also just be placebo.
true, guess we’ll see in a week lol
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 14t)
true, guess we’ll see in a week lol
Yeap keep going, eat enough protein, sleep well and just wait tbh.
14t
Rep:
?
Yeap keep going, eat enough protein, sleep well and just wait tbh.
yh struggling with protein atm but i’ll figure it out
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 14t)
yh struggling with protein atm but i’ll figure it out
Meat, whey and dairy are your friends. Also remember most carb products also contain small amounts of protein.
14t
Rep:
?
Meat, whey and dairy are your friends. Also remember most carb products also contain small amounts of protein.
thanks!

can i just ask, with TDEE calculators. does weight training count towards activity e.g if i did weight training 3-5times a week and did some light cardio 1-2times week would i put ‘Light Exercise 1-2days a week’ or ‘Moderate Exercise 3-5 days a week’?
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 14t)
thanks!

can i just ask, with TDEE calculators. does weight training count towards activity e.g if i did weight training 3-5times a week and did some light cardio 1-2times week would i put ‘Light Exercise 1-2days a week’ or ‘Moderate Exercise 3-5 days a week’?
When it says 1 session, it assumes 1 hour of cardio. Weightlifting burns less than cardio so you have to take that into account. What you are doing is probably moderate if by light you mean LISS but TDEE is just a starting point, if you start gaining weight, you know you have to reduce kcals.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (158)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (471)
14.64%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (360)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (451)
14.01%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (151)
4.69%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (193)
6%
Loneliness (279)
8.67%
Financial worries (114)
3.54%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (129)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (146)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (177)
5.5%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (287)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (302)
9.38%

Watched Threads