Theofficialx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am doing a supporting statement for a teacher job, i'm not sure if i am supposed to include a title "dear/sir madam" and a " yours sincerely", "Yours faithfully" at the bottom, it is a job application, and it is not a cover letter, they want me to look at the person specification and see if i meet it, so do i include the title of dear/sir/madam at the top and yours sincerely/faithfully?
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Theofficialx)
I am doing a supporting statement for a teacher job, i'm not sure if i am supposed to include a title "dear/sir madam" and a " yours sincerely", "Yours faithfully" at the bottom, it is a job application, and it is not a cover letter, they want me to look at the person specification and see if i meet it, so do i include the title of dear/sir/madam at the top and yours sincerely/faithfully?
No, it's not a letter and so there is no need to include a salutation. However, you do need to 'evidence' the points raised within the job spec. (Preferably from the POV of the reader, in the order in which the points are made withing the job spec) Make a note of the experiences you've had, that you may use as examples to support you meeting the person spec and job description. Remember, this cover statement is where the person shortlisting applications get to know you and so keep the statement interesting!

All the best of luck!

Jane
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (161)
41.93%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (56)
14.58%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (159)
41.41%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.08%

Watched Threads