KCL compared to other London unis?

Watch
gooey99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi,

I’m not from around London so I was wondering what KCL is like in terms of prestige/employability? The only universities I have heard of that have a reputation of being “good” are imperial, lse and ucl.

Is KCL on par with these unis? Is it similar to Warwick?
Last edited by gooey99; 6 days ago
Sodium229
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hello, in my opinion, KCL is slightly less prestigious than imperial/LSE/UCL, but it is still a really good university in the UK, I would put KCL in the tier with Bristol/Edinburgh/Warwick/Durham. However, prestigious is subjective and it is not the most important thing, are you an international student? If so and you would like some information on the course that you want to apply for then I suggest you do some research on the KCL's website: https://www.kcl.ac.uk. In terms of employability, I don't know much about it so I cannot comment on that, but I think when you apply for a job in the future, the most important thing is your skills and your knowledge, rather than the institution that you studied in, hope this helps!
Last edited by Sodium229; 6 days ago
gooey99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Sodium229)
Hello, in my opinion, KCL is slightly less prestigious than imperial/LSE/UCL, but it is still a really good university in the UK, I would put KCL in the tier with Bristol/Edinburgh/Warwick/Durham. However, prestigious is subjective and it is not the most important thing, are you an international student? If so and you would like some information on the course that you want to apply for then I suggest you do some research on the KCL's website: https://www.kcl.ac.uk. In terms of employability, I don't know much about it so I cannot comment on that, but I think when you apply for a job in the future, the most important thing is your skills and your knowledge, rather than the institution that you studied in, hope this helps!
Thanks this was super enlightening! Agreed, if you manage to get a first from any of these universities - you’re set!
Sodium229
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by gooey99)
Thanks this was super enlightening! Agreed, if you manage to get a first from any of these universities - you’re set!
No problem, glad it was helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
18.73%
Virtual accommodation tour (53)
14.6%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.68%
Video content about the local area (4)
1.1%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.03%
Taster lectures or seminars (78)
21.49%
Speak to current students studying my course (82)
22.59%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (16)
4.41%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.58%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.2%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
1.93%

Watched Threads