How important is a boys fashion?

Watch
RamseyGOAT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
How important is a boys fashion? I like to think mines not to bad but it probably could be better
barnet1471
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Fast fashion is the second largest cause of climate change. Perhaps boys/men and indeed girls/women should stop being so keen to follow some latest fashion, which is just a way to try to get people to spend more money on clothes than is needed. Look how two years ago people became so keen to have trousers three inches too short, or how 'Love Island' swimwear is suddenly so important for a holiday.
RamseyGOAT
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnet1471)
Fast fashion is the second largest cause of climate change. Perhaps boys/men and indeed girls/women should stop being so keen to follow some latest fashion, which is just a way to try to get people to spend more money on clothes than is needed. Look how two years ago people became so keen to have trousers three inches too short, or how 'Love Island' swimwear is suddenly so important for a holiday.
I don’t agree with fast fashion either, I don’t think I buy clothes that often and I don’t throw away stuff awfully quick either.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Supremely unimportant, IMO. I've owned the same ~10 articles of clothing for many years.
RamseyGOAT
Rep:
?
Also what clothes should I add to my wardrobe, cos right now it’s not the most out there thing. It’s mostly Fleeces, hoodies, jeans, joggers and trainers.
Debs25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think this pandemic has resulted in people caring less about clothes, which is a good thing IMO. People who judge others on their clothes are shallow.
Agashii_
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
we gotta take cute pics together doe :puppyeyes: needs to be good
Spoiler:
Show
I'm jkkkkk im a mess myself
Last edited by Agashii_; 2 weeks ago
RamseyGOAT
Rep:
?
(Original post by Debs25)
I think this pandemic has resulted in people caring less about clothes, which is a good thing IMO. People who judge others on their clothes are shallow.
Agree with this
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Supremely unimportant, IMO. I've owned the same ~10 articles of clothing for many years.

So if the boy wore dirty clothes/ not presentable clothes to dates etc, it’ll be unimportant then?
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
So if the boy wore dirty clothes/ not presentable clothes to dates etc, it’ll be unimportant then?
I mean, there's fashion and then there's basic hygiene. I'm not opposed to replacing clothes when they're completely worn out, and obviously if your clothes are dirty, you should wash them.

If I was on a date and my date decided against me because my clothes didn't look brand new, then good riddance.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
I mean, there's fashion and then there's basic hygiene. I'm not opposed to replacing clothes when they're completely worn out, and obviously if your clothes are dirty, you should wash them.

If I was on a date and my date decided against me because my clothes didn't look brand new, then good riddance.

Alright, so, if the boy decided to wear something you didn’t particularly like, so like a tracksuit to a date, still wouldn’t matter?
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It depends on the context and your age.
Appearance, personal hygiene and choice of clothes will all play a part in a stranger's first impressions of you.
As a person- in terms of your personality, priorities and lifestyle preferences.
Looking your best and aiming to give reasonably positive first impressions can be very important when it comes to things like employment & dating.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Alright, so, if the boy decided to wear something you didn’t particularly like, so like a tracksuit to a date, still wouldn’t matter?
I wouldn't dislike a tracksuit on a date; in fact it's hard to think of any kind of clothing that would bother me, obviously excluding over-revealing clothes, offensive slogans, Nazi armbands, etc... I guess what I'm saying is, it's hard to be too casual in my eyes.
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 2 weeks ago
Ben878
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think it depends what you like and want to be. Clothing can be an extension of your character onto something

If you're asking for a girls perspective, chances are she will very quickly see through you putting on some kind of fashion sense that isn't genuine or makes you less uncomfortable - that won't help you

I personally like wearing basic clothing that is atleast a little complimentary since I appreciate nicely dressed people, male, female, young, old because I'm physically minded and generally like objects that present some beauty and sense of life

You don't need to care about much about clothing (and if so it will probably benefit you)
Last edited by Ben878; 2 weeks ago
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Fair play to these answers. Personally, two things come to mind. Firstly, wearing nice clothes (not necessarily fast fashion items) and presenting well is an interest of mine, so if a prospective date were to not care about how they present I'd consider that a misalignment of interests. If you're not into that then it's fine, but if you are, all the better. Same as any other hobby.

Secondly, as I consider that style and beauty are linked and that beauty transcends into the objective, "looking good" will only work in your favour. Objective beauty standards will die very hard indeed, despite the constant shift down in dress codes since the early 20th century, with notable developments even in my lifetime (I'm 30).
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think its fairly important, it is a way of self expression and is the first thing other people will always notice about you.
Depends on the person though, looking good and dressing well matters to some people more than others. Its not a requirement to care about what your wearing, really no point in wasting money and time trying to sort out a 'style' if you couldnt care less.
Last edited by Foxehh; 2 weeks ago
itsyahg
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RamseyGOAT)
How important is a boys fashion? I like to think mines not to bad but it probably could be better
it's deffo an initial attraction if he dresses nice but it's not too important. If i really love a guy i wouldn't care too much about his fashion
Neha Shukla
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think Covid is the main reason to wear the fewer clothes, otherwise, everymen or women should wear the different types of Brands to showcase the personality and dresses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.06%
Uncertainty around my education (555)
14.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (424)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (522)
13.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (227)
5.98%
Loneliness (318)
8.38%
Financial worries (140)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (148)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (215)
5.67%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (339)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (356)
9.38%

Watched Threads