undercoverpsycho
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have reason to believe that my predicted grades aren't going to be good enough for me to pursue the career that I wanted to but I'm sure that if I were to do the A Levels the next year I would be able to get better results. Is there a way I can take a gap year and apply with my actual A Level results or is that not how gap years work? I have no clue what to do.
mike23mike
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Absolutely you can do that - simply take year 13 next year and sit your A level exams. Consider changing sixth form colleges too if they are predicting low grades for you this year since they will use that as the basis of predicting your grades. Ask yourself why your college is predicting lower grades than you feel you can achieve? If your work ethic is not right and they have picked up on that, then that is not a good sign for when you get to uni.
Unknown1232003
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by undercoverpsycho)
I have reason to believe that my predicted grades aren't going to be good enough for me to pursue the career that I wanted to but I'm sure that if I were to do the A Levels the next year I would be able to get better results. Is there a way I can take a gap year and apply with my actual A Level results or is that not how gap years work? I have no clue what to do.
Predicted grades arent everything. I applied with to unis which needed grades way higher than my predicted and i still got 3/5 offers. You can always work harder and achieve better grades in the summer then go through adjustment.
sweetcherry55
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by undercoverpsycho)
you need to contact individual universities you interested before applying and explain why you really wanted to study this course and you are capable of getting higher than your predicted grades because most students education has been disrupted so they will consider you, Don't take a gap year unless you have planned to get job in the field you are interested in working or going to retake your exams in order to improve your grades. there is always option after results day. clearing, adjustment or even apprenticeship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (75)
42.13%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (31)
17.42%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (69)
38.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.69%

Watched Threads