one thing you like about your appearance and one thing your insecure about?

Watch
username5707471
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by kitapizza28)
I like my smile (when I'm happy you can see it in my eyes) and I wish I was wasn't that tall
That's a good thing to like about yourself, smiling is so beautiful and it completely transforms people's faces
Being tall isn't a bad thing, I would quite like to be a little taller (I'm 5,3) and I'm sure there are some lovely advantages to bring tall😊
username5707471
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
like: my dimple and big eyes
dislike: well there's a list:
- asymmetrical face
- eyebags
- round face
- hip dips
- muffin top
- muscly calves
- hips not being very wide
I could go on forever ....
Eyes and dimples are very beautiful, I have everything you have just mentioned except the muscle calves and I don't think having muscle calves is nessessarily a bad thing, do you do sport?😊
username5707471
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
I was visiting a friend's apartment in a riverside complex that banned all residents from keeping any pets on the premises.
A panicked meerkat that had escaped from its owner's apartment got inside, became frightened by the sound of an aircraft flying overhead and bit me several times with its sharp teeth & bacteria infested mouth. :mob:
An idiot living in a neighbouring apartment had decided it was cool to sneakily keep an wild meerkat ordered from overseas that he had no experience or training in how to care for.:stupid:
Oh dear that's awful! How selfish and irresponsible of that neighbour😡 well I'm glad your okay now😊
Alesha1991
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Idkimrhiannon)
What's one thing you like about your appearance and one thing your insecure about your appearance?
For me:
Like that I'm petite, insecure about my very round face
I'd say my legs are one of my best features. I've got long legs compared to the rest of my body & they're quite well toned. I wear short skirts with bare legs a lot of the time, even when it's cold and the rest of my body's well wrapped up.
I used to be insecure about my teeth- I had them corrected with braces but sometimes I still think they could look better. I also used to be self conscious about my glasses. When I first started wearing glasses in my teens I really didn't like them. Now though I see my glasses as part of my style- I've got a couple of different pairs to choose from so I can change my look as I want. The ones I wear most often are my round metal frames which are almost invisible against my face anyway & I feel more confident in these.
2003a39
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
- Lips, when smiling.
- Lips, not smiling.
username5707471
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alesha1991)
I'd say my legs are one of my best features. I've got long legs compared to the rest of my body & they're quite well toned. I wear short skirts with bare legs a lot of the time, even when it's cold and the rest of my body's well wrapped up.
I used to be insecure about my teeth- I had them corrected with braces but sometimes I still think they could look better. I also used to be self conscious about my glasses. When I first started wearing glasses in my teens I really didn't like them. Now though I see my glasses as part of my style- I've got a couple of different pairs to choose from so I can change my look as I want. The ones I wear most often are my round metal frames which are almost invisible against my face anyway & I feel more confident in these.
That's really lovely you have something you sound so proud of😊
I wear glasses too, round gold ones, and it's definitely grown in me to like them as before I wasn't too keen on them😊
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Eyes and dimples are very beautiful, I have everything you have just mentioned except the muscle calves and I don't think having muscle calves is nessessarily a bad thing, do you do sport?😊
nope but it's just their shape, they're pretty curvy & widish bc thats just how they've always been and then ive been working out on and off since 6 years or so & I usually do cardio so maybe that is equivalent of sport lol
username5707471
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
nope but it's just their shape, they're pretty curvy & widish bc thats just how they've always been and then ive been working out on and off since 6 years or so & I usually do cardio so maybe that is equivalent of sport lol
Yes maybe that's why😂 I still don't think it's a bad thing tho😊
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 21
Report 1 week ago
I love my smile
I don't like my hips 😭💃🏻
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I like my hair and my eyes/eyebrows

I'm self-conscious about my skin, although it's getting a lot better, and that I've put a bit of weight on over lockdown
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 week ago
username5707471
Rep:
?
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
I like my hair and my eyes/eyebrows

I'm self-conscious about my skin, although it's getting a lot better, and that I've put a bit of weight on over lockdown
That's lovely😊
don't worry about it, think a lot of people have put on weight during lockdown, and putting on weight isn't always a bad thing, can sometimes even be healthy
that's great your skins getting better, so one of your insecurities is not as bad as it used to be😊
username5707471
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
I love my smile
I don't like my hips 😭💃🏻
smiling is so beautiful and it's so lovely how it can transform someone's face so much😊
I don't really like my hips either, there too boney 😂
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's lovely😊
don't worry about it, think a lot of people have put on weight during lockdown, and putting on weight isn't always a bad thing, can sometimes even be healthy
that's great your skins getting better, so one of your insecurities is not as bad as it used to be😊
That's true! I know I can get rid of it if I really wanted to and I'm still largely happy with how I look so

And thank you, I've struggled with acne and blemishes since my mid teens and still having spots etc in my late 20s made me very insecure so I'm glad it's all changing for the better!
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alesha1991)
I can relate to the glasses thing. I used to hate glasses so much I didn't even wear them when I had too. Now despite working for a contact lenses distributor I wear glasses most of the time and have many frames to fit my style, I actually prefer glasses to contacts. I still feel kind of bad for needing corrective lenses to see properly but usually have no problem wearing glasses anymore. I have a lot of frames I still want to change the lenses to my current prescription... sort of giving up on vision improvement thing... Although it worked pretty good, from almost -4 to a bit over -2.5 is a great improvement. I need progressive lenses which are expensive and having over 10 pairs overall can be costly but I'm glad I can afford it and considering doing so....

I don't have things I hate about my appearance anymore, I used to hate almost everything. Now I actually think I look cute. Maybe could gain a bit more weight, but I don't look anorexic anymore so it boosts my self esteem. I also don't really like my nose but not to the point of doing surgery to change it. I just pick up the photos it doesn't show up much.
username5707471
Rep:
?
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
That's true! I know I can get rid of it if I really wanted to and I'm still largely happy with how I look so

And thank you, I've struggled with acne and blemishes since my mid teens and still having spots etc in my late 20s made me very insecure so I'm glad it's all changing for the better!
That's okay, I'm happy things are getting better for you😊
ImagineNotDating
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by username5707471)
I'm a little insecure about my side profile too, I've got a very round face, but what helps me out a bit is that when your talking to someone your usually facing that person so your side profile isn't showing
I'm sure you have lovely hair and everyone has a bad hair day so it may not be as bad as you think!
It's okay not to be muscular, and I'm sure there must be things you like about yourself😊
I drop every single one of my insecurities when I get my haircut so I guess that's what I like about myself. And I like my height.
LairdBerkut
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My eyes are too small and close together, and I've a fairly weak chin.

My legs are always muscular, even when I don't exercise. When I do they become resistant to bullets, such is the muscularity.
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
I love my smile
I don't like my hips 😭💃🏻
whats wrong with ur hips?
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I like my abs.
I have a scar on my leg I dislike.
HS_1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I quite like my cheekbones and my hair not insecure abt this, but I'd prefer stronger arms maybe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (5)
5.15%
Uncertainty around my education (12)
12.37%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (11)
11.34%
Lack of purpose or motivation (13)
13.4%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (2)
2.06%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (4)
4.12%
Loneliness (8)
8.25%
Financial worries (2)
2.06%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (8)
8.25%
Exposure to negative news/social media (6)
6.19%
Lack of real life entertainment (5)
5.15%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (10)
10.31%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (11)
11.34%

Watched Threads