theoretical approach and evidence base

Watch
gail15
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
this is a stupid question I know
I've been asked to write about the theoretical approach and evidence base of teamwork. What is the difference between evidence base and teamwork
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
Can you write out the question in full? I think the question is asking you to write about the theories of teamwork and then the research evidence of how actual teams function.

That will be hard to do since most theoretical models of teams have been developed inductively - observation then theory development. e.g. Belbin's team roles, e.g. Tuckman's stages of team development
gail15
Rep:
(Original post by mike23mike)
Can you write out the question in full? I think the question is asking you to write about the theories of teamwork and then the research evidence of how actual teams function.

That will be hard to do since most theoretical models of teams have been developed inductively - observation then theory development. e.g. Belbin's team roles, e.g. Tuckman's stages of team development
Thank you!!!!
Its asking “to critique the evidence base and theoretical approaches underpinning teamwork”
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by gail15)
Thank you!!!!
Its asking “to critique the evidence base and theoretical approaches underpinning teamwork”
Ok, good news and bad. There are several papers that have done a systematic review of teams and teamwork. The bad news is that the majority of the research is Healthcare based. No surprise really since systematic reviews (meta-analysis) was developed in the Healthcare industry and has been adopted by social scientists.

Regardless, there is a wealth of research data on teamwork:

- How effective is teamwork really? The relationship between teamwork and performance in healthcare teams: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- A systematic review of teamwork in the intensive care unit: What do we know about teamwork, team tasks, and improvement strategies?
- Experiences and shared meaning of teamwork and interprofessional collaboration among health care professionals in primary health care settings: a systematic review
- Interprofessional teamwork and team interventions in chronic care: A systematic review
- Cross-Disciplinary Care: A Systematic Review on Teamwork Processes in Health Care

The advantage of using systematic reviews is that each review is summarising the findings of 30-50 research papers on the topic. Reading this handful (there are plenty more) of systematic reviews will really give you a grounding on all things written about teamwork in the last decade (all be it from a healthcare slant and not a business slant).
gail15
Rep:
(Original post by mike23mike)
Ok, good news and bad. There are several papers that have done a systematic review of teams and teamwork. The bad news is that the majority of the research is Healthcare based. No surprise really since systematic reviews (meta-analysis) was developed in the Healthcare industry and has been adopted by social scientists.

Regardless, there is a wealth of research data on teamwork:

- How effective is teamwork really? The relationship between teamwork and performance in healthcare teams: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- A systematic review of teamwork in the intensive care unit: What do we know about teamwork, team tasks, and improvement strategies?
- Experiences and shared meaning of teamwork and interprofessional collaboration among health care professionals in primary health care settings: a systematic review
- Interprofessional teamwork and team interventions in chronic care: A systematic review
- Cross-Disciplinary Care: A Systematic Review on Teamwork Processes in Health Care

The advantage of using systematic reviews is that each review is summarising the findings of 30-50 research papers on the topic. Reading this handful (there are plenty more) of systematic reviews will really give you a grounding on all things written about teamwork in the last decade (all be it from a healthcare slant and not a business slant).
OMG I cannot thank you enough! This is amazing, honestly you deserve the world
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (68)
32.85%
Yes - a trusted person (58)
28.02%
No (54)
26.09%
I'm not sure (27)
13.04%

Watched Threads