Best Diet/Foods to eat to maximise potential height growth

Watch
UMP43
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am 16 and 5ft 8in and I would really like to grow taller (maybe 5'10, 5'11) before my growth plates close before or around 21.

I understand like 80% is genetics but the other 20% is Nutrients.

So what foods/drinks should I be consuming everyday that is very nutritional and the best to maximise my height?

Thanks
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Here's an article I found that will help.
11 Foods That'll Make You Taller
Last edited by sunny.side.up; 1 week ago
UMP43
Rep:
?
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
Here's an article I found that will help.
11 Foods That'll Make You Taller
Thank you
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by UMP43)
Thank you
No problem! Hope it helped!!
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its not 80/20, its more 99/1, nutrients will only have an effect if you are severely deficient and energy starved, you cant compensate with lack of genetics to grow taller with good food.
UMP43
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
Its not 80/20, its more 99/1, nutrients will only have an effect if you are severely deficient and energy starved, you cant compensate with lack of genetics to grow taller with good food.
"Scientists estimate that about 80 percent of an individual's height is determined by the DNA sequence variants they have inherited, but which genes these variants are in and what they do to affect height are only partially understood."
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by UMP43)
"Scientists estimate that about 80 percent of an individual's height is determined by the DNA sequence variants they have inherited, but which genes these variants are in and what they do to affect height are only partially understood."
(Original post by UMP43)
Fair enough, also the article the other user sent u, none of the foods are linked to growing taller except eggs, they just have vitamins and minerals. Genetics is the limiting factor in most cases, I wouldn't stress about maximising Ur height potential, focus on things u can control.
UMP43
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
Fair enough, also the article the other user sent u, none of the foods are linked to growing taller except eggs, they just have vitamins and minerals. Genetics is the limiting factor in most cases, I wouldn't stress about maximising Ur height potential, focus on things u can control.
I think you are missing the point. I CAN control my height to a certain EXTENT. 80% I can't control and 20% I can. The 20% being Nutrition and sleep and other factors. So I just want to know the most nutritious foods that will hopefully fulfil the 20% I can control
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by UMP43)
I think you are missing the point. I CAN control my height to a certain EXTENT. 80% I can't control and 20% I can. The 20% being Nutrition and sleep and other factors. So I just want to know the most nutritious foods that will hopefully fulfil the 20% I can control
Man, you aren't gonna gain another inch or smt eating more beans. Genetics are the limiting factor full stop
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by UMP43)
There are studies that say you need a healthy diet before puberty to reach your maximum height. Nutrition will give you strong bones, but if your genes say you'll be 5' 8", food and sleep isn't going to change that.
xsowmix
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Agashii_ CoochieMan Hellohsjakodsmka Bigreshe
Last edited by xsowmix; 6 days ago
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 21
Report 6 days ago
I've already tried everything on the list lmao
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I shouldn't be on that list I'm taller than the average height :cry:
ReadingMum
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The tallest nation in the world is the Dutch - theory is that it is their love of cheese and all things dairy.
I am tall and eat basically no dairy or eggs. Your diet really won't make a difference at this point.
xsowmix
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
I've already tried everything on the list lmao
:console:

maybe u can try laiba's method from yesterday and try seeds and get your daily dose of collagen :rofl:

(Original post by CoochieMan)
I shouldn't be on that list I'm taller than the average height :cry:
denial the first step to acceptance

it's ok to be short
Spoiler:
Show
at least ur taller than laiba
Spoiler:
Show
which is not that hard lmao

CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by xsowmix)

maybe u can try laiba's method from yesterday and try seeds and get your daily dose of collagen :rofl:

denial the first step to acceptance

it's ok to be short
Spoiler:
Show
at least ur taller than laiba
Spoiler:
Show
which is not that hard lmao

I am not short the average height is 5 3 and I'm above that

The others on the other hand are below that

And the average height for a male is 5 9 and resh is below that therefore I am tall and they aren't
xsowmix
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
I am not short the average height is 5 3 and I'm above that

The others on the other hand are below that

And the average height for a male is 5 9 and resh is below that therefore I am tall and they aren't
u r short to me so....

yh can't complain w that
imagine being shorter than the average height
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
The tallest nation in the world is the Dutch - theory is that it is their love of cheese and all things dairy.
I am tall and eat basically no dairy or eggs. Your diet really won't make a difference at this point.
A dutch friend of mine raised the possibility that it was due to growth hormones that they fed their cows filtering through to them.
Although there's a particular gene prevalent in Ireland which has been linked to height so it's probably genetic for the Dutch too.
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by xsowmix)
u r short to me so....

yh can't complain w that
imagine being shorter than the average height
2 inches isn't a lot :cry:

You might think it's a lot with resh tho :console:

Fr :rofl:
ReadingMum
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Sounds like another reason to avoid dairy to me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (35)
4.65%
Uncertainty around my education (118)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (85)
11.29%
Lack of purpose or motivation (107)
14.21%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (31)
4.12%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (44)
5.84%
Loneliness (63)
8.37%
Financial worries (25)
3.32%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (38)
5.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (40)
5.31%
Lack of real life entertainment (39)
5.18%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (63)
8.37%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (65)
8.63%

Watched Threads