what happens in the third term of university ?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
do we still study or do we finish as soon as we are done with exams?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Depends what year you're in. First year is usually parties and stuff, final year is a LOTTTT of work e.g. thesis. obv depends which course you take. However it also depends on how your final grades are decided, so if your grades are 100% based off of your exams then I guess you could chill, but if it's not then you should probably do work lol
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am in first year and about to finish all my exams in international relations and politics. So do you think if I pass all those exams I will get to chill for the rest of term 3?
TJ1997
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am in first year and about to finish all my exams in international relations and politics. So do you think if I pass all those exams I will get to chill for the rest of term 3?
Probably, yeah but best to do reading over the summer to get into a good frame of mind for second year as the workload defo goes up a notch.

First year third term chill, Second year third term, take it easy but prepare for dissertation/third year Third year third term, have a break after a tiring year..
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello!

Term dates will differ depending on your course and your university. For me, in the next few weeks after Easter I have two deadlines and then continue having lecture content in prepaprentaion for two exams between 17th May- 17th June. However, this will differ like I said depending on your university

If you know who your firm choice is then you should be able to find the term dates on google for your university, or you can email them to find out a bit more of what you will be doing in your third term.

Sam- Official Student Rep
martin7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It will depend on what you're studying. In some cases, once you've finished your exams there won't be anything left to do; but in others there might be preparatory work for the next academic year. There might also be other things you need to do -- for example, if you fail exams, you might need to discuss this with your personal tutor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (132)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (398)
14.85%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (299)
11.16%
Lack of purpose or motivation (377)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (121)
4.51%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (163)
6.08%
Loneliness (229)
8.54%
Financial worries (98)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (109)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (122)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (141)
5.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (236)
8.81%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (255)
9.51%

Watched Threads