The Student Room Group

muslim problem...

Guys i am muslim and ever since i was in primary school i was confident in myself had loads of friends at primary and never wore a scarf...i was soo confident i could do anything ,, but when it came to secondary school i was too shy just because i was wearining a scarf and i felt i was not going to make no friends with no one as i though t i would be left out....ever since now as i am in year 11 i feel so down and not confident becuase i wear the scarf on my head to cover my hair and so i have like 2 friends and i want to make friends but i am not sure as i have a scar on my eyebrow and i do not know if everyoune hates me becuase of it .....i feel i have no remorse and have no confidence in doing anyhthing in school....

i just feel like i do not know how to become confident again even though i am wearning a hijabi so how could i and someone please give me advice on how to be confident and make friends thanks...
Reply 1
buuummmmp
Reply 2
help
Original post by Anonymous
Guys i am muslim and ever since i was in primary school i was confident in myself had loads of friends at primary and never wore a scarf...i was soo confident i could do anything ,, but when it came to secondary school i was too shy just because i was wearining a scarf and i felt i was not going to make no friends with no one as i though t i would be left out....ever since now as i am in year 11 i feel so down and not confident becuase i wear the scarf on my head to cover my hair and so i have like 2 friends and i want to make friends but i am not sure as i have a scar on my eyebrow and i do not know if everyoune hates me becuase of it .....i feel i have no remorse and have no confidence in doing anyhthing in school....

i just feel like i do not know how to become confident again even though i am wearning a hijabi so how could i and someone please give me advice on how to be confident and make friends thanks...

Its fine to lose confidence i lost confidence myself when i went i left primary.key to becoming confident i would say is talking to more people and i think its ur choice if u want to wear the hijab or not.if u want u can pm me
Original post by Anonymous

Heyo. I’m a hijabi and I get what you mean but I think you lack in confidence in general. You need to feel confident in yourself and then you need to realise that the hijab is a part of you and you should wear it like a shield basically (basically just own it and be the main character).

I used to be extremely shy and didn’t really make proper friends (but I didn’t think it was because of my hijab) but around year 10 and 11, I realised that it was my attitude and the way I carried myself that held me back. Like I used to not talk much and was rather closed off so obviously I’d have trouble making friends. To change that I basically realised that everyone’s just doing their thing and I should too. If I met someone new, I’d try to start a conversation even if I felt super nervous (which helped build my confidence). Doing that slowly helped me feel more happy with myself and more confident too cause I felt like it was a huge accomplishment for me so I just kept thinking that I should do what I think is right and good and just do it.

Also, everyone feels insecure about something so it’s completely normal for you to assume that they may look at your scar etc but truth be told, they’re most probably too busy thinking about their own problems and security to have any hatred towards you for a scar. And I have to say, some people feel like taking their hijabs off, it won’t help. If anything, that would make things tougher.

Lmk if you wanna talk :smile: give yourself pep talks, it truly may help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending