Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
dont stay awake till 3 in the morning
sleep early wake up at 8/9 am
use flashcards- memorise things
use revision guides
past papers are really good

watch 'i failed my gcse's' or ' i failed my alevels' depends what youre doing . they help lmao
KatyyPetch
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by year11studentx)
dont stay awake till 3 in the morning
sleep early wake up at 8/9 am
use flashcards- memorise things
use revision guides
past papers are really good

watch 'i failed my gcse's' or ' i failed my alevels' depends what youre doing . they help lmao
these are great but i have no exams all my work is course work
University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by KatyyPetch)
can someone give me tips to find motivation to study
Hey KatyyPetch

Sorry to hear that you're feeling this way  Revision can be really stressful as there's so much to do but I found it really helpful to stick to the same schedule I had in school. This allowed me to work at specific times of the day and I was able to have a free evening once I finished revising. Working in this way also helped me focus as I took a break in the morning and an hour out for lunch so I was sticking to a routine that I was used to. Usually, I'd watch some tv or go out for a walk during my lunch break.

Everyone revises differently and as you mentioned you are assessed on your course work. I didn’t have any exams in my undergraduate degree. After I had a plan for an essay, I would write out my introduction then two paragraphs and take a break afterwards. Usually my essays were 2,000 words so I felt that this was a nice way to break up essay writing. If you can, get up early and get your revision finished so that you have some time to yourself in the evening

Good luck

Melissa- Student Ambassador
KatyyPetch
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador)
Hey KatyyPetch

Sorry to hear that you're feeling this way  Revision can be really stressful as there's so much to do but I found it really helpful to stick to the same schedule I had in school. This allowed me to work at specific times of the day and I was able to have a free evening once I finished revising. Working in this way also helped me focus as I took a break in the morning and an hour out for lunch so I was sticking to a routine that I was used to. Usually, I'd watch some tv or go out for a walk during my lunch break.

Everyone revises differently and as you mentioned you are assessed on your course work. I didn’t have any exams in my undergraduate degree. After I had a plan for an essay, I would write out my introduction then two paragraphs and take a break afterwards. Usually my essays were 2,000 words so I felt that this was a nice way to break up essay writing. If you can, get up early and get your revision finished so that you have some time to yourself in the evening

Good luck

Melissa- Student Ambassador
thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (88)
42.72%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (33)
16.02%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (82)
39.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.46%

Watched Threads