Studylearner
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,
So I am sitting my final exams for GCSEs in a couple of weeks but I have been really concerned about maths. I have never been good at maths hence the reason I am sitting the foundation paper, but I am scared because all I can get in maths is a 5. All of my other subjects are all 7s and above but I want to go to Cambridge and I am worried that when applying the 5 will weigh me down. Do you think it will have a huge impact ? and also do you have any tips on revising for maths ?
L.Green
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
im not too sure about how it would affect ur application to Cambridge,u might want to email or check the website.Best tips for maths is do as many ppq's as u can,mark them,focus on topics u struggle with,ask teachers for help.
Studylearner
Rep:
?
(Original post by L.Green)
im not too sure about how it would affect ur application to Cambridge,u might want to email or check the website.Best tips for maths is do as many ppq's as u can,mark them,focus on topics u struggle with,ask teachers for help.
thank you
mb48349
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Studylearner)
Hi,
So I am sitting my final exams for GCSEs in a couple of weeks but I have been really concerned about maths. I have never been good at maths hence the reason I am sitting the foundation paper, but I am scared because all I can get in maths is a 5. All of my other subjects are all 7s and above but I want to go to Cambridge and I am worried that when applying the 5 will weigh me down. Do you think it will have a huge impact ? and also do you have any tips on revising for maths ?
Hey there studylearner,

I am literally exactly like you. I'm currently doing foundation for maths. Maths isn't my favourite subject, i've always struggled to grasp some of the concepts. However I was hoping to do an actual a level if ygm ie: biology. Unfortunately my college require a grade 6 for maths alongside a grade 66 for science. I emailed a few of my teachers and they said that they wouldn't be able to for some odd reason. During the easter holidays, I had to accept the fact that I wouldn't be able to. I'm not gonna let that stop me from doing great in my mocks. I want to do excellent in my mocks and try to get my teacher's to change their mind but i'm lazy. My tips for revising for maths is to if your teacher hasn't already given you a topic list, go through the topic list, complete two a day. Go on mathsgenie they have plenty of maths q's, first watch the videos, make some notes, do the exam styled questions after youve done all that. Go onto corbett maths and do some of the questions. Finally to consolidate your learning do a past paper and do some hegarty maths or any maths programme your school provide. Good luck in your GCSES , don't hesistate to ask any questions related to studying and smash itt! x
Studylearner
Rep:
?
(Original post by mb48349)
Hey there studylearner,

I am literally exactly like you. I'm currently doing foundation for maths. Maths isn't my favourite subject, i've always struggled to grasp some of the concepts. However I was hoping to do an actual a level if ygm ie: biology. Unfortunately my college require a grade 6 for maths alongside a grade 66 for science. I emailed a few of my teachers and they said that they wouldn't be able to for some odd reason. During the easter holidays, I had to accept the fact that I wouldn't be able to. I'm not gonna let that stop me from doing great in my mocks. I want to do excellent in my mocks and try to get my teacher's to change their mind but i'm lazy. My tips for revising for maths is to if your teacher hasn't already given you a topic list, go through the topic list, complete two a day. Go on mathsgenie they have plenty of maths q's, first watch the videos, make some notes, do the exam styled questions after youve done all that. Go onto corbett maths and do some of the questions. Finally to consolidate your learning do a past paper and do some hegarty maths or any maths programme your school provide. Good luck in your GCSES , don't hesistate to ask any questions related to studying and smash itt! x
thank you so much x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.18%
Uncertainty around my education (295)
14.98%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (172)
8.74%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.5%

Watched Threads