Report Thread starter 1 week ago
what's it like?
I will be doing ocr a if I do it
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Unknown1232003
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I do OCR bio and i absolutely love it! You get to learn about the heart and how to read ECGs, biodiversity, communicable diseases and many more in year 1! In year 2 you get to learn about the pancreas, kidney, liver and many more! Feel free to ask me any more qs!
morrisah03
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ilikematcha101)
what's it like?
I will be doing ocr a if I do it
I'm doing OCR A bio right now and it's one of my favourite subjects. The content is so much more interesting that GCSE but a lot more in depth. My advice is to make notes from day one - as soon as you get home/have a free. It really does just lessen your stress when exams come around because biology is known to be so content heavy. Also with OCR A especially there's so much waffle in the text book so try to condense your notes/make it easier to understand or, even better, base your notes on past mark schemes (physics and maths tutor is a fab website). Saying this though, take care of yourself A-levels as a whole can be stress and can rly take over your life lol so just take it step by step - do little pieces of work early on and spread it out throughout the school year so you can really enjoy what can be a stressful time!

(P.S diagrams, drawings and mind maps will be your best friend when studying bio )
ilikematcha101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
thank you so, so much both of you, that's rly helpful
would you say being in a very large class makes a difference (28 ppl) and having a good teacher (apparently in the school im going to they aren't v good) for bio?
I looked at a paper and all the words look like a foreign language loll
ilikematcha101
Rep:
?
also, is there a lot of chemistry in it? I won't be doing chem
Last edited by ilikematcha101; 5 days ago
Unknown1232003
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
would you say being in a very large class makes a difference (28 ppl) and having a good teacher (apparently in the school im going to they aren't v good) for bio?
The class i was in was only like 20 students so id say the smaller the better because teachers can spend more 1 to 1 time with you. With A levels its actually your effort the makes the difference and not the teachers. All teachers do is deliver the content but then its up to you to go and do extra exam practice at home etc.
Unknown1232003
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
also, is there a lot of chemistry in it? I won't be doing chem
No there isnt much chem. I have friends who do bio and not chem and weve both found it the same
ilikematcha101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unknown1232003)
The class i was in was only like 20 students so id say the smaller the better because teachers can spend more 1 to 1 time with you. With A levels its actually your effort the makes the difference and not the teachers. All teachers do is deliver the content but then its up to you to go and do extra exam practice at home etc.
thank youuu
im acc rly excited to start a levels lol
morrisah03
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
no problem! I hope it all goes well. I have around 15 people in my class and i think its better when it's smaller just because teachers can focus on you more but i really don't think the size of the class makes that big of a different but rather the people in it? So if the people are really loud and distracting then that would affect you learning. For bio a good teachers is great to have and will rly aid your learning. If you don't have a good teacher i'd recommend doing some reading/watching videos before the lesson so you already go into the lesson knowing what your going to learn so if the teacher can't explain it to you, you have ur pre-made note. Also there's barely any chemistry in bio (i do both) so you'll be fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (91)
42.72%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (37)
17.37%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (82)
38.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.41%

Watched Threads