bhatnagm
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey all, I have been accepted into Charles first faculty and Masaryk uni in Czechia...which one should i go for? which one is better in terms of dropout rate, english speakers, overall experience, professors etc.
Any current student in these unis that can give me their unbiased opinion?
sneakwings
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I'm not a student at either of these universities but I did apply to Charles first faculty and will probably be going there. One thing I can tell you for sure is that the Czech language medical programs at these schools, are excellent. The dropout rates aren't really high and a lot of students get through. However, for the English language medical program, the numbers look terrible. You can look it up yourself on wdoms.org. I heard that no matter what medical school you're talking about in the Czech Republic, only self study is involved. One of the students at Charles told me that it doesn't matter what kind of professors you get because, again, only self study is involved anyway. Coming to English speakers, the population of people who can speak in English is about 27% in the Czech Republic. However, since Prague is a tourist city and also the capital, the rate is much higher there. So, you might have an easier time getting around if you choose Charles than if you choose Masaryk. However, quite a lot of students believe that Prague is a lot more distracting than cities like Brno and Hradec Králové. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (88)
42.72%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (33)
16.02%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (82)
39.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed