Taking a gap year, and replying to universities.

Watch
JsK47
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have applied this year to begin studying in 2022 (I am taking a gap year, deferred entry). Do I have to reply back to my universities this year, or as I am deferring a year, can I reply back to them later? I know the date for replying back is in June 2021 for 2021 entry, does this apply for 2022 entry too?
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JsK47)
I have applied this year to begin studying in 2022 (I am taking a gap year, deferred entry). Do I have to reply back to my universities this year, or as I am deferring a year, can I reply back to them later? I know the date for replying back is in June 2021 for 2021 entry, does this apply for 2022 entry too?
You will loose access to the 2021 apply/track pages later this year so if you’ve used those then I think you do need to reply in June

Also isn’t the whole point of defeating to have a confirmed place a year ahead of time?
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Your reply date is the one shown on Track, regardless of the academic year you’ve applied to.

If you don’t make any choices by your reply date, UCAS remove all your offers so you can use clearing if needs be.
Last edited by Admit-One; 1 week ago
srs1463
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hiya I’m deffering too what uni are you deciding to go to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (208)
42.89%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (75)
15.46%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (194)
40%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.65%

Watched Threads