Accepting offer from one place while waiting for answer from another place

Watch
fyre97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello,

I just got several offers from Westminster, Roehampton and Greenwich Universities and the deadline to accept or refuse is approaching. The thing is that I am also waiting for other universities and I didn't get any response from them yet. Can I accept several offers and then cancel if I get another ?

Since i am an international student I don't really know how it works but I donโ€™t want to loose the opportunity to study in the UK if the others universities im still waiting for are rejecting my application.

Thank you
Last edited by fyre97; 1 week ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by fyre97)
Hello,

I just got several offers from Westminster, Roehampton and Greenwich Universities and the deadline to accept or refuse is approaching. The thing is that I am also waiting for other universities and I didn't get any response from them yet. Can I accept several offers and then cancel if I get another ?

Since i am an international student I don't really know how it works but want to loose the opportunity to study in the UK if the others universities im still waiting for are rejecting my application.

Thank you
If you're applying through UCAS then the deadline to pick a firm choice is in June this year - and you can't pick a firm until you have decisions from all 5 of your choices.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Universities have to respond to you before 20 May.
You then have until 10 June to make your Firm and Insurance choice.
fyre97
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
If you're applying through UCAS then the deadline to pick a firm choice is in June this year - and you can't pick a firm until you have decisions from all 5 of your choices.
This is a postgraduate application and only westminster is also using UCAS for postgraduate applications. In their mail they told me the deadline was april 15th. Is this a deadline to accept the offer as a firm or insurance choice or a deadline to definitely accept the offer ?
fyre97
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Universities have to respond to you before 20 May.
You then have until 10 June to make your Firm and Insurance choice.
is this also the case for postgraduate applications through UCAS or only for undergraduate applications ?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
is this also the case for postgraduate applications through UCAS or only for undergraduate applications ?
Is this for teaching degrees/PGCE?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is a postgraduate application and only westminster is also using UCAS for postgraduate applications. In their mail they told me the deadline was april 15th. Is this a deadline to accept the offer as a firm or insurance choice or a deadline to definitely accept the offer ?
If you're applying for postgraduate then in most cases you need to just read the small print from that university before accepting an offer. If you're required to pay a deposit or similar to accept an offer then that might not be refunded if you later change you mind and go elsewhere.

If that's the case then you can always ask a university to extend your deadline to accept your offer and explain the situation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (61)
41.5%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (27)
18.37%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (56)
38.1%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
2.04%

Watched Threads