The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Napier Uni vs UWS

I’ve applied to study web design/development at napier university and university of west of scotland (paisley campus) and i have gotten an unconditional so far does anyone know which uni is better in terms of computing degrees?
Napier - it isnt a satellite campus like Paisley and will have better facilities, and your student experience will be nil at Paisley.
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Original post by McGinger
Napier - it isnt a satellite campus like Paisley and will have better facilities, and your student experience will be nil at Paisley.

may i ask, what do you mean by satellite campus?
Original post by Anonymous
may i ask, what do you mean by satellite campus?

4 small campuses, all separate, no sense of 'one University', and a bit like being at college.
Original post by McGinger
4 small campuses, all separate, no sense of 'one University', and a bit like being at college.

ah okay, thank you!

do you have experience at napier? currently holding two offers for the sighthill campus, as well as an offer for qmu, but waiting for edinburgh.

unsure about putting napier as my insurance as it is quite a small uni
Original post by Anonymous
ah okay, thank you!

do you have experience at napier? currently holding two offers for the sighthill campus, as well as an offer for qmu, but waiting for edinburgh.

unsure about putting napier as my insurance as it is quite a small uni

Napier is not small university as got other campus's at craiglockhart & colinton.
Napier has good support from staff and everyone generally friendly to.

Queen Margaret university on outskirts of Edinburgh at musselbrogh is a newish university.

I did 3 years at Napier sighthill campus and I like it as found everyone was great and got on with people easily enough.

I can't answer Paisley ( UWS ) although up road from where I'm from I didn't find them welcoming as Napier was for my course I did. But everyone has own opinion about different universities okay.

Would suggest go with your heart on which one suits you best and if say Paisley is closer for you then go for that one ok.

Quick Reply

Latest