'A belief in a life after death is the most important Christian belief’
f_ student room
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by the wise fox)
What format are you answering the question in? As in essay, paragraph...?
Also is this for A-level or GCSE?
the wise fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by f_ student room)
What format are you answering the question in? As in essay, paragraph...?
Also is this for A-level or GCSE?
paragraph and its a practice GCSE question that is worth 15 marks, i have them in two years so my teacher set this for us to answer and i don't know how to and she told us that we have to answer it in 15 minutes
f_ student room
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
paragraph and its a practice GCSE question that is worth 15 marks, i have them in two years so my teacher set this for us to answer and i don't know how to and she told us that we have to answer it in 15 minutes
I'm not sure to be honest, usually your teacher would give more details.

I would usually write a balanced arguments for evaluating statement's questions and then my own opinion at the end. That would be hard to condense down into one paragraph tho.
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No because millions of nominal Christians believe this yet they do not have that life because they are not born again, and many nominal Christians that assume they are born again aren't so if I had to pick the most important belief it would be but a person needs to be born again in This Life by receiving the holy spirit and this is evidenced by speaking in tongues.

(John3v5-8, Acts 2v4, 33, 37-39)
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Additionally other religions such as Islam and Judaism believe in life after death so it's not defining
username5707471
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Take this with a grain of salt but I think maybe they want you to write for and against the statement. Like one reason that a belief in a life after death is the most important Christian belief is because..... Then give your reasoning with a quote from the bible/scripture and then do the same for the opposit (for why life after death isn't the most important Christian belief)
Hope this helps😊
heldbygrace
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
As the above user said you need to write for and against.

For: Everything Christians do is to be united with God after death. All the pain on earth they believe is conditioning them for heaven so believing there is an end to pain helps them. They are told to ‘store up treasures in heaven’ so believing in life after death is clearly the point in life.

Against: as NJA said life after death is not exclusive to Christianity so therefore the most important belief is that Jesus is the Christ, not that they can life after death. ‘I am the way, the truth and the life’

Remember to argue around most important you can make a judgment by saying for example that ‘life after death is an important belief for Christians however believing that Jesus is the way to obtain it is more crucial’
the wise fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
thank you all for suggesting possible correct answers I am less confused now.
gee321
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hello im a grade 9 student in rs. i can tell u the structure i follow. so first 2 min take time to make points for and against the statement. they dont have to be balanced but do mak sure u atleast have one against or for. so a 15 marker is basically a 8 marker but with ur own views (evaluation) and a brief conclusion summarising UR views.
P1- for/ against. point. explain.quote( u don have to but this gets u top grade). how quote relates. evaluate( make sure u r always evaluating within ur paragraphs so u dont forget at the end and this is the main focus of a 15 marker. they want u to include ur own views too.)
P2- same as paragraph 1 make sure u swich ur argument now. if u did for , do against now.
P3 - either for/ against
Conclusion- "To encapsulate, I believe.../I agree/disagree with the statement to an extent) - summarise christian beliefs about the statement and include ur final view
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (22)
27.85%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (8)
10.13%
No I am happy with my choice (45)
56.96%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.06%

Watched Threads