I don’t think I can do well in a levels

Watch
I-cba
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In the recent assessments I got mostly 6s and 7s(at the beginning of the year I was getting 3s and 4s). I applied for bio chem and maths. I want to become a dentist so I need to get AAA. I just think if I can do it because the are so many smart people also trying. Like I’m just worried I won’t be able to do it. I feel like A levels will be too hard for me because the are still some parts of the exam paper I get wrong or don’t understand. I’m just worried in general that I might flop. Can someone tell me if they had this problem and if a levels are as scary as I’m making it out to be.
Last edited by I-cba; 1 week ago
PPP170903
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know what you mean... I felt the same way about a levels and I am currently taking Biology, Chemistry and Spanish to do medicine. But once you start them you can see that you can do it and stuff starts to make more sense. It kinda just gets easier as you start doing it. If you work hard you can do it.
EierVonSatan
Badges: 21
Report 1 week ago
There are students that get A* at GCSE and A* at A-level and those that get U at A-level. A number of students struggle to adapt to a different way of working for A-level, particularly with the sciences - if you just continue to memorise like at GCSE you will really struggle.

If you find yourself working really hard to get a level 7, then taking an A-level in it is probably not going to turn out well.

Edit: I guess you only wanted to hear that you can do it if you try really, really hard. But his is a dangerous lie, not everyone is up to it no matter how hard they work.
Last edited by EierVonSatan; 1 week ago
kev23s
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by I-cba)
In the recent assessments I got mostly 6s and 7s(at the beginning of the year I was getting 3s and 4s). I applied for bio chem and maths. I want to become a dentist so I need to get AAA. I just think if I can do it because the are so many smart people also trying. Like I’m just worried I won’t be able to do it. I feel like A levels will be too hard for me because the are still some parts of the exam paper I get wrong or don’t understand. I’m just worried in general that I might flop. Can someone tell me if they had this problem and if a levels are as scary as I’m making it out to be
in yr 12 I didn't study at all then got predicted ABB. but in yr 13 I worked like a dog, boost the grade up to A*A*A. you see it is not about how smart you are it's about how hard you work. since you will be doing science maths subjects, just grind past papers and any questions you can get your hands on. getting AAA wouldn't be a problem.
I-cba
Rep:
?
(Original post by kev23s)
in yr 12 I didn't study at all then got predicted ABB. but in yr 13 I worked like a dog, boost the grade up to A*A*A. you see it is not about how smart you are it's about how hard you work. since you will be doing science maths subjects, just grind past papers and any questions you can get your hands on. getting AAA wouldn't be a problem.
Honestly people like you just keep me going thank you
I-cba
Rep:
?
(Original post by PPP170903)
I know what you mean... I felt the same way about a levels and I am currently taking Biology, Chemistry and Spanish to do medicine. But once you start them you can see that you can do it and stuff starts to make more sense. It kinda just gets easier as you start doing it. If you work hard you can do it.
Thank you. I guess your right. At the beginning of the year I didn’t think I’ll be doing the hard questions at the back of the paper
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (172)
41.85%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (61)
14.84%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (170)
41.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.95%

Watched Threads