The Student Room Group

can someone give me any advice/a grade for this section for creative writing

A popcorn textured ceiling stared at me as my eyes began to open. I lifted my head hurriedly trying to gain some indication of where I was. Yellow-ish white sheets surrounded my sweaty body where I'd hoped to see pale blue ones. After observing every inch of the room that I could, I moved out of the widely uncomfortable bed. Anxiously, I stepped my pale feet out of the bed. I was very aware that I was not where I was supposed to be and therefore it would probably be best to be on edge and so I maneuvered myself out of the bed gradually and carefully. The room began spinning chaotically like a windmill at full speed. Whilst regaining my balance and vision, I held onto a small round table that reminded me more of a stall than a table. Finally, the room came to a slow halt and I was able to stand without assistance.

10 exhaustingly fearful minutes passed by and I had almost completely explored the entire room (not that there was that much to explore). The bed I had woken up in was queen sized and held very little resemblance to any bed that I had seen in real life, it was exceptionally close to the burgundy coloured carpet and used pillows as a headboard. There was a table next to it - the one I had leaned on for dear life beforehand- that held an antique-looking phone on it that very helpfully might as well have been an antique as decoration seemed to be its only use. Plainly painted walls held a picture of a map that said Derster underneath. The door was large and was definitely a front door as opposed to a bedroom door. Then there was the box-like bathroom which contained a small metal toilet, a tap with basically a bowl underneath and a shower head without an actual shower. After examining the entire room, I came to the conclusion that I was probably in a one-star motel room. How the hell did I get here?
Original post by person_11122222
A popcorn textured ceiling stared at me as my eyes began to open. I lifted my head hurriedly trying to gain some indication of where I was. Yellow-ish white sheets surrounded my sweaty body where I'd hoped to see pale blue ones. After observing every inch of the room that I could, I moved out of the widely uncomfortable bed. Anxiously, I stepped my pale feet out of the bed. I was very aware that I was not where I was supposed to be and therefore it would probably be best to be on edge and so I maneuvered myself out of the bed gradually and carefully. The room began spinning chaotically like a windmill at full speed. Whilst regaining my balance and vision, I held onto a small round table that reminded me more of a stall than a table. Finally, the room came to a slow halt and I was able to stand without assistance.

10 exhaustingly fearful minutes passed by and I had almost completely explored the entire room (not that there was that much to explore). The bed I had woken up in was queen sized and held very little resemblance to any bed that I had seen in real life, it was exceptionally close to the burgundy coloured carpet and used pillows as a headboard. There was a table next to it - the one I had leaned on for dear life beforehand- that held an antique-looking phone on it that very helpfully might as well have been an antique as decoration seemed to be its only use. Plainly painted walls held a picture of a map that said Derster underneath. The door was large and was definitely a front door as opposed to a bedroom door. Then there was the box-like bathroom which contained a small metal toilet, a tap with basically a bowl underneath and a shower head without an actual shower. After examining the entire room, I came to the conclusion that I was probably in a one-star motel room. How the hell did I get here?

It's great, lovely description and good vocab. I don't know if this is for English Language GCSE ( what I am revising for at the moment) but If it were I would probably include a couple of short sentences here and there (You are judged for varying sentence length) Maybe throw in a couple of different bits of punctuation as well like a ';' and '...' (That is a judged component as well). If its not for an exam you probs don't need to apply any of those changes.

Quick Reply

Latest