The Student Room Group

Entry requirements

Hello I’m in year 11 and I’m doing foundation science so the highest grade I can achieve is a grade 5 and in my area the sixth forms entry requirement for bio ,chem,physics is a grade 6 . What shall I do ?
Reply 1
my school says if u want to applied science-chem,bio and physics u need to get a grade 5 in two sciences and a grade 4 in maths and english

so your school may have different entry requirements hmm you will get a double grade for dounation science e.g. it will be like 3-4 or 5-5

so you will need like high marks if you want to do it in sixth form i think...
Original post by Am1111111
Hello I’m in year 11 and I’m doing foundation science so the highest grade I can achieve is a grade 5 and in my area the sixth forms entry requirement for bio ,chem,physics is a grade 6 . What shall I do ?

Are you sure, for non-science courses? Usually they ask for more general grades like 'six level 6's including english and maths'

Speak to the head of sixth form if unsure and consider other sixth forms :yep:

edit: okay I read that wrong - you want to take A-level bio.chem and physics? Then you would certainly needed to have studied higher.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
what is your school name @loraa11
Ask the sixth form to explain your options are. Ultimately it is up to them.

Have you considered an alternative science based level three course that has lower entry requirements like BTEC applied science? Depending on what you want to study at university and at which university you wish to study at, it may meet the entry requirements.
Reply 5
Original post by Am1111111
what is your school name @loraa11

Highfields secondary School wolverhampton

in penn fields Wolverhampton

Quick Reply

Latest