Maths A*
    Eng Lang A*
    Eng Lit A*
    Product Design A*
    ICT A*
    Statistics A*
    French A*
    Geography A*

Ok i did good but it could all change and it doesnt help with a level choices so any good ideas on what to do for medicine? (PS my first post, joined because of the great ideas I have taken from forums :hello: )
    Wow, straight A*s in mocks! :eek: Well done, and I'm sure it won't change as long as you don't get complacent and actually carry on working! You'll definitely need biology and chemistry for medicine, and most applicants have at least one more science subject from maths (possibly further maths as well) and physics. However, it's also quite good to do one contrasting arts subject such as English literature, history or a language to show you're a good all-rounder.

So your options if you want to do 4 subjects could be:
    -Biology, chemistry, physics and maths
    -Biology, chemistry, maths and further maths.
    -Biology, chemistry, physics and English literature/history/French
    -Biology, chemistry, maths and English literature/history/French

If you want to do 5 subjects (which not many people do because of the huge workload, but you're obviously very capable and it could be an advantage for medicine because it's so competitve), you could do:
    -Biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths
    -Biology, chemistry, physics, maths and English literature/history/French
    -Biology, chemistry, maths, further maths and English literature/history/French

It will also depend on your school's timetable restrictions, but I hope that was of some help! Good luck deciding, well done again on your fantastic mock results and best of luck for the real GCSEs, sure you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Well I had a chat with my teachers etc. and im gonna go for

bio
    phy
    chem
    maths
    french ( at adult education centre place - did sum research on course and i decided i would be ok with it. Im gonna get some tutoring from some yr13 and a teacher at my skool too)

Further maths I will definite do up to AS (my mum is a maths teacher so it will be easy to get help + i did that EDEXCEL math exam for mock and got full marks on both papers)

Cheers for the help Id luv to go to oxford or imperial for medicine but to be honest I just want this guy who is v arrogant to cry when i thrash him in my gcse ( hes so mean and thinks hes betta than every 1 else . LOL!

Thanx to all at TSR :tsr: for the great welcome.

ReputationRep:
    I got A for English Lit/Lang (less than half a mark off an A*...I am not impressed, lol)
    A* for Religious studies
    A for French
    A for Music (and mine was the highest mark in the year, which tells you something about our Music department)
    A for Biology
    A for Textiles
    C for History (which is REALLY not good)
    C for Chemistry
    C for Physics (so I'm not good with numbery subjects, lol)
    B for Maths

I know they aren't terrible results but I'm not happy with them. Maths I'm delighted about and I was expecting the Cs for physics and chemistry but I have to say the C in History stings slightly, lol (I got an A on one paper and a D on the other, both of which I revised for equally...I'm not sure how that's even possible). I'm annoyed about English, which I know I can do far far better...I lost, collectively, four marks on the first two papers and on the final paper I crashed and burned because I hadn't revised properly.

I guess I'm happy with Music. I was really really hoping for an A*, but since I was the only A in the year (which, believe me, is unheard of at my school...they were really weird music results) I suppose it isn't my fault, or at least not entirely.

Anyhoo. I shall get myself down to revision and cross my fingers that the real thing will go better...

ReputationRep:
    For my mocks I got mostly C's and a few B's (see subjects below message which I thought was okay. I didnt really care n I never revised n if you're me the only way you're gonna do well is if you revise.

B's-Spanish (ha ha dat was the funniest!), Physics, Chemistry
    C's-Art (nearly B), English Lit (was pissed with dis 1, we never did Lang), Maths, Biology, History, Citizenshi*

Not as good as some on here however I'm fine with dem, just as long as they're nt my real results!

ReputationRep:
    Maths - A*
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A*
    History - A*
    D&T - A*
    French - A*
    German - A*
    RS - A* (already done the GCSE)
    English - A*

Oh, and for my A-Levels I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, History, Economics and German

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but I just don't believe you. Teachers very rarely give A*s in mocks. I got 80% in History and in Maths and they said it was an A. Nobody in our school got one A* in their mocks.

ReputationRep:
    okay then i'll give you my exact results:

Maths - A* - 85%
    Biology - A* - 87%
    Chemistry - A* - 84%
    Physics - A* - 84%
    History - A* - 85%
    D&T - A* - 90%
    French - A* - 91%
    German - A* - 96%
    RS - A* (already done the GCSE)
    English - A* - 80% (excluding c/w)

Why would I have any reason to lie anyway?! If i could I would scan my report with all my results on it but that would take ages

ReputationRep:
    and i've just gone and given you positive rep accidently...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Les Mcqueen)
    Sorry but I just don't believe you. Teachers very rarely give A*s in mocks. I got 80% in History and in Maths and they said it was an A. Nobody in our school got one A* in their mocks.
    I think it just depends on the teacher and how lenient they are with marking. In English, on the media paper, I got a B and a lot of people got Ds and Es because the head of department marked it and she was being really tight. In the real thing I got an A* with full marks on that paper (A overall) and a lot of people got Bs and Cs. In maths I got a C, but if it had been the real thing it would have been a B due to low grade boundaries, and I did get a B in the end. In French I got an A even though I got nearly full marks because my teacher wanted to 'give me something to aim for', and I got an A* in the real thing. In history I got an A* in the mock even though we hadn't even finished the course, went down to an A in the real thing. In media studies I got an E in the mock but a B in the real thing. I thought the same as you, that teachers rarely give out A*s in mocks, but judging by the number of people on here with A*s, I guess that was just my school or we just have a load of geniuses here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    I'm doing my mocks now...Oh hell
    i got 90% coz im the gr8 one by da ways wots ur name

ReputationRep:
    I got:
    English Lang. A
    English Lit. A
    Maths B
    Biology A*
    Chemistry A
    Physics A*
    History A
    French A*
    Geography A*
    RE B

Pretty pleased with them although ideally I would have liked an A in maths and an A* in chemistry (2% off these grades in both! :rolleyes: - 2% off A* in history as well!! ) Oh well, that's for the real thing!

ReputationRep:
    Hey people, i got

BIOLOGY A*
    CHEMISTRY A
    PHYSICS B
    MATHS B/A
    IT A
    GEOGAPHY B
    ELECTRONICS A
    ENGLISH B/C

full GCSE mathematics grade B (sat in may 2004)
    full GCSE statistics grade C (sat in may 2004)

what d u think of these results???

ReputationRep:
    p.s. i had half of year 10 off with a fractured leg, and have had rubbish attendance since then, so in the last 2 years i have had about 70 percent attendance, with no revision for these mock results! please take this in2 consideration before you slate me

ReputationRep:
    I think the only reason you are saying that Daniel AQA is because you know that people would praise you for getting such brilliant results even though you had a fractured leg in year 10. You fully well know that no one will slate you so please come off it! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K_G_UK_1)
    I think the only reason you are saying that Daniel AQA is because you know that people would praise you for getting such brilliant results even though you had a fractured leg in year 10. You fully well know that no one will slate you so please come off it! :cool:

I'm sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry!
    honestly, im not joking now, thats what i did, i was playing football at school on september the 11th, and at break, i broke pardon the punn lol, i had no education for 6 months, and couldnt go into school because i was on wharfarin for DVT

ReputationRep:
    Stop smirking! ()

ReputationRep:
    Stop smirking! ()
    lol, sorry, what do you do, do you have any results 2 share with me? :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny_AQA)
    honestly, im not joking now, thats what i did, i was playing football at school on september the 11th, and at break, i broke pardon the punn lol, i had no education for 6 months, and couldnt go into school because i was on wharfarin for DVT
    Huh? Why couldn't you go to school?

By the way, if you want to be a doctor, it's warfarin

ReputationRep:
    Mock Results

English-CC
    ICt A* A* AA
    Bio-b
    Chem-b
    Physics-b
    German-C
    RE-c
    History-B
    Maths-C

All i can remember.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.