Semester at Sea (SAS). UK Students?

Watch
ameliarose867
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, does anyone know if anyone from the UK has gone on semester at sea. If so what was your experience of SAS, and was it useful for universities in the UK?
Thank you
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
UK university study abroad options are normally internally determined bilateral agreements, and not up to the student so much to decide. Additionally due to US visa requirements I imagine the programme is difficult to arrange for UK students, unless they already have a US passport as well. So I imagine few will have participated in the programme. It's really more of a US college thing.

edit: if you mean generally being able to do boatwork during an undergraduate course, this is standard for some courses, e.g. most of the SOES courses at Southampton include boatwork practicals including extended fieldwork periods of a couple weeks doing boatwork as part of the courses.
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 week ago
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think the closest thing to that you'd get is a placement on a course doing Naval Technology or Marine Engineering, but that'd be with a company on land.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (80)
42.78%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (32)
17.11%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (72)
38.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed