The Student Room Group

What’s your go to quick meal at uni ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by parmezanne
yes do! they're nice. salty, but then again all crisps are. :smile:

and of course!! i don't mind :lol:

and i didn't at uni because I didn't have the right utensils but my family has a pasta machine! Me and my sibling use it to make fresh pasta and we make a nice pasta bake together :yep:

Sounds great, enjoy!
Original post by DogeTheDoggo
Thanks !
I haven’t started uni yet but I’ll be going soon in September

No worries @DogeTheDoggo! What will you be studying? :smile:

Lucy
Original post by hallamstudents
No worries @DogeTheDoggo! What will you be studying? :smile:

Lucy

I’ll be studying medicine at Keele Uni!
Before a morning lecture it is usually scrambled eggs. Takes me two minutes to make and it fills me up long enough to get through class :smile:
Things you make in a rush, say before a morning lecture.

Hello!

I have loved making overnight oats, and baked oats recently! There are lots of recipes for them on tiktok. If I do have a little bit of time making a bacon sandwich is always a go-to!

Sometimes when i'm in a real rush I will just grab an oat bar or something, but if not I love having toast with marmite, or peanut butter and apple slices, or just a bowl of cereal :smile: I also prepare smoothies if I have enough time, or make it the night before. Frozen fruit at the supermarket isn't that expensive, and I mix mine with protein powder, a banana and some oats and milk. There are lots of recipes available online, you can even make chocolate flavoured ones using chocolate milk which is so nice!

For dinner I love doing traybakes as I can just chuck everything on one tray and cook it (like putting new potatoes, chorizo chunks and chicken thighs in the oven together, is so yummy!).

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hello!

I have loved making overnight oats, and baked oats recently! There are lots of recipes for them on tiktok. If I do have a little bit of time making a bacon sandwich is always a go-to!

Sometimes when i'm in a real rush I will just grab an oat bar or something, but if not I love having toast with marmite, or peanut butter and apple slices, or just a bowl of cereal :smile: I also prepare smoothies if I have enough time, or make it the night before. Frozen fruit at the supermarket isn't that expensive, and I mix mine with protein powder, a banana and some oats and milk. There are lots of recipes available online, you can even make chocolate flavoured ones using chocolate milk which is so nice!

For dinner I love doing traybakes as I can just chuck everything on one tray and cook it (like putting new potatoes, chorizo chunks and chicken thighs in the oven together, is so yummy!).

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Thanks !!
great idea with that protein powder
Baked beans on a toasted lidl baguette.

Even better if you have Worcestershire and cheese to top it.
Reply 27
Something I make for a quick lunch is scrambled eggs on chunky toast.

I whip up the eggs in a saucepan while the toast is grilling then drop a big handful of grated cheese into the egg mixture, before putting it on top of the toast.
Original post by mnot
Baked beans on a toasted lidl baguette.

Even better if you have Worcestershire and cheese to top it.

Sounds good!
How good would you say is supermarket bread ?
Original post by Kerzen
Something I make for a quick lunch is scrambled eggs on chunky toast.

I whip up the eggs in a saucepan while the toast is grilling then drop a big handful of grated cheese into the egg mixture, before putting it on top of the toast.

Thanks, I’ll keep it in mind

a jamaican patty, they take 60 seconds to in the microwave
Toast , porridge or meal deal
Sounds good!
How good would you say is supermarket bread ?

Its alright, i prefer bakery bread (which why lidl is good as it offers this) but standard supermarket bloomer is reliable and cheap.
Original post by Anonymous
a jamaican patty, they take 60 seconds to in the microwave

Never heard of those, I’ll check them out
Original post by mnot
Its alright, i prefer bakery bread (which why lidl is good as it offers this) but standard supermarket bloomer is reliable and cheap.

Nice, thanks for the advice !
Never heard of those, I’ll check them out

its just the caribbean version of a pasty

Hey!

I love having smoothies for breakfast and use different frozen fruits and yoghurts such as raspberry, vanilla or mango and passionfruit. I usually prepare overnight oats the night before so I can quickly grab that in the morning.

Here's the recipe:

Grate an apple
Add two handfuls of porridge oats
Add a handful of dried fruit
Add flaked almonds (optional)
Add about 300ml of milk

Leave in the fridge overnight in a bowl
Take it out the next morning and add some natural yoghurt and slice up a banana over the top of the oats
Add some honey to finish it off!

Hope this helps :smile:

Melissa- Student Ambassador

Hey! I have a blog all about the best quick and easy recipe ideas for each meal of the day if you would like to read that! You can add any flavours you like to them all :smile: its allfoodisfuel.blogspot.com
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hey!

I love having smoothies for breakfast and use different frozen fruits and yoghurts such as raspberry, vanilla or mango and passionfruit. I usually prepare overnight oats the night before so I can quickly grab that in the morning.

Here's the recipe:

Grate an apple
Add two handfuls of porridge oats
Add a handful of dried fruit
Add flaked almonds (optional)
Add about 300ml of milk

Leave in the fridge overnight in a bowl
Take it out the next morning and add some natural yoghurt and slice up a banana over the top of the oats
Add some honey to finish it off!

Hope this helps :smile:

Melissa- Student Ambassador

Thanks for the advice !
Original post by hollysturg
Hey! I have a blog all about the best quick and easy recipe ideas for each meal of the day if you would like to read that! You can add any flavours you like to them all :smile: its allfoodisfuel.blogspot.com

I had a quick look through and the blog looks really good!
I’ll definitely read up on these
I was thinking of starting one of my own too

Quick Reply

Latest