Student Accommodation Question

Watch
Thisguy12345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi all

I've only just returned to my student house after being told not return earlier in the year due to Covid. My landlord has let out a room to a slavic couple, who aren't students, and it looks like they've basically bagged up all of my stuff in the kitchen (worth maybe £200) and thrown it out the back. When I asked the guy where my utensils were, he said the letting agent sent out an agency cleaner who told them I wasn't living there anymore, and emptied out all of my stuff, but the agents deny this. They said their cleaners would never be asked to throw rubbish out the back of the property. The couple are basically bagging up all of their own rubbish as well, and throwing it out instead of taking out the bins, which has led to neighbours complaining.

My utensils are rusty and damaged, electrical parts not working etc.

I also feel unsafe in the property due to the bloke. He's insisting I don't wear shoes in the kitchen, and if there's a ventilator fan going in the house at night, he goes down to the switch board and cuts the power because he has to be up at 5.00am. Bearing in mind this is a student house it all seems a bit insane.

I don't know who to believe regards throwing my stuff out, but feel I am entitled to a refund. Also, I've requested the landlord move me to another property asap but he says this is a "big question".

Keen to hear other's thoughts on this...
Thisguy12345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Idk if this thread is visible as it took awhile to get approved.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (446)
14.79%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.21%
Lack of purpose or motivation (420)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.64%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (182)
6.04%
Loneliness (259)
8.59%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.08%
Exposure to negative news/social media (137)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (164)
5.44%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.82%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.42%

Watched Threads